Spring 2017 shooting event @ CRC on 5/21/17 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring 2017 shooting event @ CRC on 5/21/17

Quote Originally Posted by Citiboy289 View Post
    Sorry guys but I cant make it this SUNDAY 5/21 see you at the fall shoot
    Well that sucks. Maybe we can get together for a shoot some other time.
    Der Krieg findet immer einen Ausweg.

Quote Originally Posted by pak75 View Post
    Well that sucks. Maybe we can get together for a shoot some other time.
    Cross your fingers because i still think we have some hope for him to show.

24 hours and counting down !

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I'm bringing a pound of slaw and a pound of tater salad but I know that won't be enough.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BCR#1 View Post
    I'm bringing a pound of slaw and a pound of tater salad but I know that won't be enough.

Bill
    Enough to shoot or eat? Let me know what else to bring.. Doug was asking what he could bring and I did not know what you still needed. I have some Bacon cheese sausage and hot dogs buns, two kinds of chips and choc. chip cookies. I will have a cooler with Diet Dew and water as well. Oh and 23 guns and about 1600 rounds of ammo.

who'll stop da rain?

SUNDAY
    Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid to upper 70s. Light winds. Chance of rain 90 percent.
    SUNDAY NIGHT
    Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely until early morning, then showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms early in the morning. Lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s. Light winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

Enough to shoot or eat? Let me know what else to bring.. Doug was asking what he could bring and I did not know what you still needed. I have some Bacon cheese sausage and hot dogs buns, two kinds of chips and choc. chip cookies. I will have a cooler with Diet Dew and water as well. Oh and 23 guns and about 1600 rounds of ammo.
    Another lb. of both wouldn't hurt Craig.

Bill

Bill, I will help with some of the funds on the food and grill stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
    who'll stop da rain?

SUNDAY
    Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid to upper 70s. Light winds. Chance of rain 90 percent.
    SUNDAY NIGHT
    Cloudy. Showers and thunderstorms likely until early morning, then showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms early in the morning. Lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s. Light winds. Chance of rain 70 percent.

SlimTim
    Now you tell me. I need a minimum of a week advance notice for such requests. Hope y'all make in spite of the weather.

Roger that Bill. Doug says he will bring some. He is also bringing Cokes, Pepsi and Dr. Pepper.

who'll stop da rain?

SUNDAY
    SUNDAY NIGHT

SlimTim

We don't care 'bout no stinkin rain. It's on.

Bill

Last shoot i missed because i had to work Hurricain damage down in Savannah. Rain or shine i will be shooting this go around .

Thanks to all, especially Craig and Larry, for taking such great care of my boy Kris. He was like a kid in a candy store. I've taken him to the range a few times and brought several different rifles and pistols, but the size of things is that most of my stuff is still packed from moving. And what I can get loose, I might not can find ammo for. You'd think after a year I'd have it all done, but I've been distracted with things like the Master Gardener program and now beekeeping. Truth is, moving was tough, I'm loath to unpack! Kris is a good friend and I'm thankful he was treated so well, not that I ever thought he'd not be.

And a good time was had by all. Myrtle, Gertrude, Henrietta and the other girls are pecking away on the watermelon rind. Mmmmmm, watermelon!!!

SlimTim

we missed HunterTN and 53Caddy, unless one of those is Jeff. We need to do ann all out recruiting effort for one of these, and try to bring in a ton of folks. Springbank, BillP if he's not already moved to NC, or even if he has, MilsurpFan, ChevySubwhatever (Ricky Waters), Rev George & Kellie, Jack Franklin from Sumac, Mak Man Mike, Roger, Mike M and Art from Knoxville, Rick from NGA, Roman, Butch, Guitarzan, TDM, ScottB, Bok, Dive1Tom, Keith Reid and Dusty, Ted 54R, anyone and everyone, I know I've missed a bunch, who has ever attended a Sumac Shoot all the way back to the start, around 2003. We might need to shoot in shifts if successful in bringing such a crowd, maybe we could rotate between the hipower range, the pistol range and the plicking range or something. We'd need everyone who is a member to show up.....oh heck, it's just a dream.

SlimTim

Thanks to all, especially Craig and Larry, for taking such great care of my boy Kris. He was like a kid in a candy store. I've taken him to the range a few times and brought several different rifles and pistols, but the size of things is that most of my stuff is still packed from moving. And what I can get loose, I might not can find ammo for. You'd think after a year I'd have it all done, but I've been distracted with things like the Master Gardener program and now beekeeping. Truth is, moving was tough, I'm loath to unpack! Kris is a good friend and I'm thankful he was treated so well, not that I ever thought he'd not be.

And a good time was had by all. Myrtle, Gertrude, Henrietta and the other girls are pecking away on the watermelon rind. Mmmmmm, watermelon!!!

SlimTim

It was great to meet Kris. I am proud to be a part of turning another regular joe into a gun guy. I have already fully corrupted Doug.

We expect honey glazed, organic fed, free range chicken salads at the next shoot. You can't use "I was looking for my guns and ammo" as an excuse.

No I wasn't there, I haven't been able to get up there in a bit. We have a 3 year old and a five month old so not a lot of free time at the moment.

Sorry I missed, just slipped my mind really. Drove 2.5 hours each way to a wedding Saturday and had to tend to unstaked tomato plants Sunday that got hammered by Saturday's rain. Remembered the shoot around 12:00.

Bok

we missed HunterTN and 53Caddy, unless one of those is Jeff. We need to do ann all out recruiting effort for one of these, and try to bring in a ton of folks. Springbank, BillP if he's not already moved to NC, or even if he has, MilsurpFan, ChevySubwhatever (Ricky Waters), Rev George & Kellie, Jack Franklin from Sumac, Mak Man Mike, Roger, Mike M and Art from Knoxville, Rick from NGA, Roman, Butch, Guitarzan, TDM, ScottB, Bok, Dive1Tom, Keith Reid and Dusty, Ted 54R, anyone and everyone, I know I've missed a bunch, who has ever attended a Sumac Shoot all the way back to the start, around 2003. We might need to shoot in shifts if successful in bringing such a crowd, maybe we could rotate between the hipower range, the pistol range and the plicking range or something. We'd need everyone who is a member to show up.....oh heck, it's just a dream.

SlimTim
    Great, now we'll never get bodybag up for a shoot. Oh, Jeff is just Jeff.

Bill

wink2 bodybag ...

who?
    RHS

Quote Originally Posted by bodybag View Post
    who?
    He didn't mean to forget Bob, I think he had a little too much watermelon. Or maybe it was my burgers.

Bill

Hey guys , I think the shoot went great !! even though we didnt have that big of a turn out It sure was nice to meet a new face or two and to see all the older faces. Like Slimtim said ( it would be great to try and get all the Sumac shooters together for a big shoot.) It's always nice to make these event's with good freinds , food and enjoy putting lead down range. Bill, Thank you sir for always setting up your grill and being the grill master at all our shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Sorry I missed, just slipped my mind really. Drove 2.5 hours each way to a wedding Saturday and had to tend to unstaked tomato plants Sunday that got hammered by Saturday's rain. Remembered the shoot around 12:00.

Bok
    Heck we were there until after 1600. We'll have Yancey knock on yer' door the mornin' of the next shoot.

Heck we were there until after 1600. We'll have Yancey knock on yer' door the mornin' of the next shoot.
    I can do that

Or visa versa. I've actually been to your place and its on the way.

Yancey, the Saturday wedding was Joe Urso's oldest daughters.

Bok

Quote Originally Posted by Bok View Post
    Or visa versa. I've actually been to your place and its on the way.

Yancey, the Saturday wedding was Joe Urso's oldest daughters.

Bok
    That sure makes me fill very old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12