PSL/ Draganov got in trade

Thread: PSL/ Draganov got in trade

Default PSL/ Draganov got in trade

Came with some ammo, pouch 2 mags so far, cleaning kit,scope he says he has and 2 more mags if he can find them.Are these good rifles?Have about 600.00 in it in trade items.These really have a long barrel,should be a good long range shooter.Here are some pics,its in good used cond.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-009S.JPG   MVC-010S.JPG   MVC-011S.JPG   MVC-012S.JPG   MVC-013S.JPG   MVC-014S.JPG  

MVC-015S.JPG   MVC-016S.JPG   MVC-017S.JPG  

You got a good deal on the PSL. Think I saw someone selling the correct IOR scopes on one ofthe AK boards.

Alabama - Roll Tide! 2009, 2011 & 2012 SEC and National Champs

Nice looking rifle, welcome to the club. In case your not aware of this, limit your bullet weight to 148gr.
    MEMBER SINCE 08/2004, SILVER STAR MEMBER ON THE ORIGINAL FORUM

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Nice...let us know how accurately it shoots.

You did well. They are a mixed bag from accuracy, quality and reliability. There is huge variation.

They are not SVDs, Draganovs, or even close. They are Romanian in origin and design and they are based on the AK platform. The SVD/Draganov is a completely different animal with different milled receiver, bolt and action, not to mention price. They are cool guns but Draganovs they are not.

Cool rifle to enjoy and a scope will not be a hard find.

These rifles are selling for $1200-$1500. Mags are pricey so get as many as you can in the deal.

Thanks guys for the info and comments!I am pretty sure he has the scope with mount,a local guy never known him to lie.He said he bought this years ago new,the complete package.He couldnt remember what he paid either 599.00 or 699.00.Hope its one of the good ones.Will update when I get everything,he said it shot great.Wow that is amazing 1200.00-1500.00?I wont tell him that.

That price is with a scope! The original TIP 2 scopes run around $150 to $200 so keep that in mind.

For a short period, one of the online vendors was selling them them for $600 without the scope and mount. That's about the cheapest I've ever seen them at a retailer.

I picked up a complete package PSL about 10 years ago, first 2 digits were the year at that time (94 IIRC) at a local show for $600 on Sunday afternoon from a fellow dealer. Shoots dead on at 600 yds (as long as I do my part). I have others and later ones not so much. They are a fun gun at the range, all the internet experts tell me what it is. Good Grief !! Enjoy it you did good. Skid

You did very well especially if you end up getting the scope. Th $600 would be 1/2 the price I see them selling for if you get the scope with it.

Where do some of you guys find this stuff...A PSL for the going price of an AK lol. Get the Mags as they are $75 a piece if you can find them now.

Quote Originally Posted by str8liner View Post
    Where do some of you guys find this stuff...A PSL for the going price of an AK lol. ...snip....
    Yeah, I'd like to know that too.

Just find a non computer guy getting back what he paid,and getting something he wanted more,not hard, at least around here.YES, I want those mags now!

It's a decent rifle but the long bbl is prone to heating and bbl whip, which affect accuracy. Once the bbl warms up your groups will start to spread out. It's not a sub moa rifle, but you can get decent groups as long as your not rapid firing and put a little time between your shots.

I like mine. The bolt hold open feature is a joke or more like an after thought and will probably fail if it's not already gone.

Dont get me wrong,I didnt screw the guy,I traded stuff I had 600.00 in,am sure it was worth more than that,you know how that goes.I wont be rapid fireing it.I have a k98 mauser shooter,after shooting 20 rounds through it as fast as I could load it ,that barrel was got pretty hot!

Up date,guy dropped off scope/mount and one mag,couldnt find the other one.Is this a correct Romanian scope and mount,marked TIP2 like was said the originals are?It fits nice and tight on the rifle,pretty happy with this deal!Scope is a silver grey color.,the optics are clear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-007S.JPG   MVC-009S.JPG   MVC-011S.JPG   MVC-013S.JPG   MVC-014S.JPG   MVC-015S.JPG  

MVC-016S.JPG   MVC-018S.JPG  
    Last edited by junker; 03-16-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by str8liner View Post
    Where do some of you guys find this stuff...A PSL for the going price of an AK lol. Get the Mags as they are $75 a piece if you can find them now.
    All you need is a time machine!

$600 including the scope & extra Mag !!! Nice. Scope 100% Correct, see my pictures. Also, dated '99 not '94, memory failing. Added Rubber Butt pad, believe it is for Grenade Launching, but works good, and a rubber cheek pad from Brownells. What can I say, I like my comfort. Enjoy your PSL !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-001F.JPG   MVC-002F.JPG   MVC-003F.JPG   MVC-004F.JPG   MVC-005F.JPG   MVC-006F.JPG  

Thanks guys!sssniper that is a real nice one!This one is dated 77 and scope 76 so it an earlier Romanian built PSL package,thats great,will let you guys know how it shoots.
    Last edited by junker; 03-16-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Having owned both the real deal SVD (and Izvhesk), and NDM-86, and a PSL, I would be perfectly fine using a PSL in battle. I lacks the solid heft and smooth refinement of the SVD, but it fulfills the exact same role in a competent package.
    Dark Forces on the march...
    Angel's Glow is out! The Peacock Papers begin
    https://www.amazon.com/Angels-Glow-P...s=davis+riddle
    The Battle of Shiloh and a demonic disease spreads!

The Visitor, another story from the Peacock Papers!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011YLLQCE

IF you intend to shoot it ... You may want to dig through the ARCHIVES here for many posts related to the PSL-54C
    They do have their faults and quirks. There is some "tinkering" that can be done but nothing that actually resolves some of the faults or makes it better.
    If you are lucky, you have a good shooter. There are also detailed instructions on how to correctly zero the scope.
    Fun rifle to shoot. It can eat a lot of ammo very quickly!
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

The "hold open" piece gets broken if you dry fire it with the mag removed.
    The hammer does just that to the spring loaded tab that holds the bolt open with an empty mag.
    I've owned several over the years and two of them shot MOA with 67bxn surplus ammo.
    If you are new to 54r, remember surplus ammo is corrosive and you Must clean the rifle after shooting or you will ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by db2044 View Post
    IF you intend to shoot it ... You may want to dig through the ARCHIVES here for many posts related to the PSL-54C
    They do have their faults and quirks. There is some "tinkering" that can be done but nothing that actually resolves some of the faults or makes it better.
    If you are lucky, you have a good shooter. There are also detailed instructions on how to correctly zero the scope.
    Fun rifle to shoot. It can eat a lot of ammo very quickly!
    Excellent advice.

There is no PSL that will shoot with a 308 NDM, not even close. I have one that is not too far off an NDM-86 in 54r, the other is a spray and pray.

The standards for a real SVD are well defined, about 1.3 MOA minimum with 7N1 IIRC. The PSL is luck of the draw.
    Last edited by mike radford; 03-23-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Sometimes you get really lucky, though...

This was the best group I ever shot with my "keeper" PSL54. I normally shoot at least 5 rounds, but these were the last 4 rounds I had after a day at the range with it. Rifle was warmed up and dirty. 4 shots at 100 yds, shooting from a bench with a front bag, original TIP2 4x optic, Czech "bxn 68" surplus. Normally with Czech surplus or 7N1 the groups are about twice as big. Maybe some luck involved here and not just with getting a good rifle?

My PSL always shot well. Here's the family photograph (alas, I have divested myself of all of them...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rightside.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	2071042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leftside.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	2071050
    Dark Forces on the march...
    Angel's Glow is out! The Peacock Papers begin
    https://www.amazon.com/Angels-Glow-P...s=davis+riddle
    The Battle of Shiloh and a demonic disease spreads!

The Visitor, another story from the Peacock Papers!
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011YLLQCE