Portuguese Mauser pickup

Thread: Portuguese Mauser pickup

Default Portuguese Mauser pickup

Went to the OGCA this weekend with family and friends. I passed along from purchasing this rifle at the January show and as luck would have it the rifle was still there. The gentlemen was very kind and came to good terms of the price. Walked a couple of rows away and another gentlemen stopped me to ask if I had the muzzle cover for one and gave me a good deal for that also. I'll be picking up a sling later this year. Rifle is #'s matching but missing cartouches on the stock which I guess is common from the rebuild over to 8mm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0133.jpg   IMG_0140.jpg   IMG_0142.jpg   IMG_0144.jpg   IMG_0145.jpg   IMG_0132.jpg  

An 04/39 Vergueiro?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    befus

you did well to find one with matching #s.lots of these are mismatched. cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Take the bolt apart as soon as you can.

Just kidding. You need 3 hands to reassemble.

Would you mind saying what you paid? I have one going up for sale. Have seen internet dealer ads for 550 and one for even more.
    You can PM me you like.

Quote Originally Posted by lornedavis View Post
    Would you mind saying what you paid? I have one going up for sale. Have seen internet dealer ads for 550 and one for even more.
    You can PM me you like.
    This may be too old to help you Lorne, but I paid $325 shipped for this one off gunbroker in feb 2015
    Attachment 2045618Attachment 2045626Attachment 2045634Attachment 2045642

Yes an 04/39 vergueiro. Interesting the bolt goes through the bridge, reminds me of a Gewehr 88 design

Dang! I knew I should have gone to the show this weekend!

You wouldn't have missed much as far as firearms. There was a really great condition vz24 for $425 that I was eyeing. The show was ok in terms of what it used to be. Prices for everything high, but this show did have a lot of small items at good prices. Like slings, brass (got 150 45acp for $5), ammo can $6(rusty outside, pristine inside), p1 mag for $25.

Take the bolt apart as soon as you can.

Just kidding. You need 3 hands to reassemble.

No thanks
    Last edited by Brainzilla; 03-14-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: reply to wrong post- almost sounded like a top of the line a**hole

This rifle is very underrated. Mine is my favorite shooter out of all the rifles I own. I was lucky enough to find one at a gunshow recently for $300 but typical prices are usually $400+ it seems. Anything under that is a good price if it has an excellent bore which it seems many of them do.

I have always wanted one in the original 6.5 cartridge.

Last OGCA show I was stopped at a fellows both talking about something and I looked down and saw a barreled action. The barrel was toast. I picked it up and looked it over. The guy casually said, $50? I said what the hell, why not. Maybe I will build it into a 6.5

You can buy them, non matching, in good to very good condition for $395 Retail. I would think they guys wanting $550 are insane. If it is a 6.5, well, point me in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Brainzilla View Post
    Yes an 04/39 vergueiro. Interesting the bolt goes through the bridge, reminds me of a Gewehr 88 design
    Similar Manlicker design. Manlicker are very smooth. Some mistakenly call these Mausers. I had a few Manlickers in the past but eventually gave them up. Wish I had hung on to them. Hard to find a decent Manlicker these days.