Finnish M28 Ski Trooper pictures

Thread: Finnish M28 Ski Trooper pictures

Default Finnish M28 Ski Trooper pictures

Hello, hope everyone is having a great day!

I found a Finnish Ski Trooper M28 locally, for an excellent price. It does need a cleaning rod, bolt does not match, needed a L-shaped rear sight and the screws, which Mr Alsky was able to provide, thank you Sir.

The rifle was disassembled and the parts cleaned/oiled/greased, as you can see, the rifle still does look decent, I am very happy that it is part of my small collection.

I apologize for the size of the pictures, tried using different methods to load pictures, but obtained different results from each host.

Last edited by Purepecha67; 03-16-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Title name

Last edited by Purepecha67; 03-15-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Replaced link to Dropbox, needed login

Very nice rifle... thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very cool rifle, took me years to add one to the collection....and my rifle needs a little TLC....

Pahtu.

Love it and really love that ski trooper stock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beech handguard, Arma Fennica was right!

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I found a Finnish M27 locally, with the same issue as the M28. It needed one rear sight screw, and the one it had, was too long. I was able to use the old screw from the M28, trimmed a little from the end of both screws, and fixed the M27. Now, I am fortunate to have one Finnish M24, M27 and M28.

Just out of curiosity, I removed the cleaning rod from the M27, to try installing it in the M28, but, seems like the thread is different.

Mr CH, Sir, do you know the meaning of the markings on the bottom of the stock, the one that start with a "G"?

I think the number you mention is a former Civil Guard district number or the "S number".

The one under the buttplate, 915Г, I guess denotes it is originally a Tula stock from 1915.

Thank you!

I am hoping that I get lucky and find some slings this Summer in Helsinki. My family and I, will be visiting for a few days, will be at Scandic Paasi. I think there is a couple of flea markets close by.

Have two in a fairly close Sig serial number. #9091 and #9822. #9091 is a double slot too and has matching butt plate like yours. I think the accepted numbers for double slot are not cast in stone. Really like your rifle. With a little bit of effort you got a great M28. I picked up an #15xxx Sig that needed a Handguard and barrel bands. Remarkably I had the parts {I do not and did not have many spare parts like this}and got it cheap. Ended up being a very nice example with matching bolt and butt plate. Unfortunately I did not get a double slot that appears to be fairly original like yours. Got a close up of your bolt knob and numbers on it? Congrats on a nice find and your three some of rifles above are very nice. I dig the 1930 M27 too.
    Regards, John.

The cleaning rod threads should be the same - Sometimes the cleaning rod nut gets plugged with dirt/oil, debris. Try screwing it in with a little extra elbow grease and see if that does it, if not remove the nut if you feel the need to and clean it out, as it is probably plugged. I removed one cleaning rod nut from a rifle only to find the broken threaded end of an old cleaning rod stuck in the nut! :+O

Pahtu.

Thank you Mr Pahtu,
    I will follow your directions, I thought both rifles should be kind of identical in some parts. The M27 bolt does have small guide wings.

Thank you Mr Handsome Devil,
    I used to be a Handsome Devil too, until I lost my hair and started collecting firearms and ammunition, now, I am just a Devil.

Pictures of the bolt: