M91s photos

Thread: M91s photos

Default M91s photos

Hello to everyone!

I have been following some of the threads about the M91s with a "G" stamp. I have one and would like to share some pictures. This M91, has some pieces of metal, where the barrel bands and trigger guard are located. I haven't checked the few M91s that I have and do not know if this is normal.

The other M91, has a S2 stamp. Comments are welcome about both M91s. Both rifles have matching receivers and matching bolts.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1905 Tula

Would appear that your 1916 was part of the "Balkan" imported batch. The shims under the barrel bands seems to be common in this batch. Have a number of them like that. The crest on the chamber is partially ground off too. Don't recall if the circle B was Serbian or Romanian thought it was one of those two. So much information lately I can't hardly keep it straight. The second one, the 1905 is interesting. I have never seen the Finn SA stamped on the receiver like that. Others may have but I have not. S2? New one on me too. Maybe the "S" is Sako refurb mark? Haven't a clue never saw that either. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to hear what others have to offer.

Hello Purepecha67

Interesting "G" marking on that Izhevsk barrel. I've not seen anything like it before, and have nothing to offer on that. However, I have a rifle that also bears the S2 stamp. It looks like yours is in a slightly different font. I was told that it is Czech in origin, though I haven't found any sources confirming that. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Araxos; 04-12-2017 at 08:28 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thank you Handsome Devil and Araxos,

That is great information. That is one of the reason I started collecting Mosin Nagant rifles. These firearms have accumulated a lot of history throughout the years that they were in service. Czechoslovakia! Hope that one of the members can provide more information. This particular Tula has two SA stamps, receiver and barrel.

I have two M91s that are of Balkan origin, one does have the wedge on the rear sight and a small pinecone, but need to find the time to study these two rifles more.

I started collecting firearms with the M1 Garands, ended with two HRA, IHC, Springfield and WRA WIN-13, six M1 carbines. Then decided to start with the Mosin Nagant firearms and other military types.

Have only a few Mosin Nagants, these are the M91s, I am still hoping to find a non Balkan Izhevsk for this group.

Left to Right:
    1894 Chatellerault
    1899 Tula
    1915 New England Westinghouse
    1916 Remington
    1916 Izhevsk
    1917 Sestroryetsk

Real nice bunch of M91s. I like them all. Have a NEW #652522 that like yours is hard to read the script. Others are roll marked very nicely. Of course I really like your 1916 Remington. They are all very nice. Thanks for more pics. Regards, John.

Nice pics and nice M91's! Good years too. Congrats on your rifles.

Great looking line up purepecha67 thanks for the pics, Denny

Great bunch of M91's, I like my 28-30s, but the M91s are even steven in my book.....just because.

Pahtu.