'45 M38 Balkans?

Thread: '45 M38 Balkans?

Default '45 M38 Balkans?

I just picked this rifle up from a friend the other day. It's a '45 M38 in a correct stock, completely mismatched. It looks to have been parkerized at some point. It also has wire hangers. He was told they may be of Albanian origin. Can anyone give any more details possibly? The rifle is also not import marked, my friend was able to remove the stock as the front hanger is bent up and he says there aren't any there either. It has a '45 receiver with an imprint in the stock, so the pair has been together for a while. There are also some interesting stock repairs, most notably by the nose cap, done up with nails. Anyway, here are some poor pictures (sorry) and I will be adding it to the survey shortly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0393.jpg   DSCF0392.jpg   DSCF0391.jpg   DSCF0390.jpg   DSCF0389.jpg  
    "Tactical Knob"

That is really interesting. I am wondering aloud, well sort of, as to whether that may have found its way into the Spanish Civil War.

Too late for the Spanish Civil War. I have a very close match to yours right down to the hangers and repairs. It's a 41 date though. Havent been able to figure out its origin for sure.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...wivels.193638/

Here is another just like it I found while doing some research. They did more than one, I guess that's all we know right now!
    "Tactical Knob"

Very cool.

Any stock markings?
    Now officially collecting Mosin M38s!

Here's mine for comparison.

Nick is offline Super Moderator/Diamond Bullet member

Quote Originally Posted by Dallased View Post
    ... that may have found its way into the Spanish Civil War.
    Only with a time machine, as the SCW ended in 1939, while that particular obr. 38 was made in 1945
    "It's impossible to grasp the boundless" - Kozma Prutkov

"Бросая в воду камешки, смотри на круги, ими образуемые; иначе такое бросание будет пустою забавою." - Козьма Прутков

"A який чоловiк горилку не п'є - то вiн або хворий, або падлюка." - Невідомий українець

racerguy, they definitely follow the same form. Ken, There are no stock markings I can see, just lots of character.

I should also note, the cleaning rod is not original, my friend added it. I also think it's interesting the mismatched parts don't appear to have been scrubbed and restamped to previous rifles. I have other Balkan mismatched guns made up of mostly mismatched restamped parts. Most notably is the rough war time bolt, it wears its original number.
    "Tactical Knob"