1936 Tula Mosin training rifle

Thread: 1936 Tula Mosin training rifle

Default 1936 Tula Mosin training rifle

Filled another hole in my run of 1936 Mosin Nagant's with this difficult to find training rifle. It is a mix of Tula and Izhevsk ( both pre & post 1928) parts and has a beautiful bore, not what I would have expected from a training rifle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4890.jpg   100_4892.jpg   100_4895.jpg   100_4896.jpg   100_4897.jpg   100_4899.jpg  

100_4900.jpg   100_4901.jpg  
    "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."- Joseph Stalin

Pic.5: looks like pre-1917 mark.
    1."Кто не с нами,-тот против нас.
    Если враг не сдается,- его уничтожают"- Максим Горький.
    2. We’ll go after terrorists wherever they are — at an airport – O.K, at an airport. If we find them in a toilet, in an outhouse, we’ll do them in right there. That is all. Case is closed.
    "..Мы будем преследовать террористов везде. В аэропорту — в аэропорту. Значит, Вы уж меня извините, в туалете поймаем, мы и в сортире их замочим, в конце концов. Всё, вопрос закрыт окончательно."- В. Путин.

Tucson, Arizona; 125 miles southeast of the center of the universe

Nice! Not an easy one to find.
    Hebrews 13:8
    Remember the three rules of the air. Repeat them with me. Always look before you turn, turn right to avoid collision and the lower jumper has the right-of-way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Do i see a plugged hole in the top of the receiver?

Default Re: plugged hole? No, just a stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by jwc179 View Post
    Do i see a plugged hole in the top of the receiver?
    If you're referring to THIS, then no - it's just a stamp where an Imperial or Soviet stamp would normally be found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not-a-plug.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	2053034
    Gunhorde

Milsurps - like legal crack

3782 posts on the previous G.B. V.3

Cool Re: training rifle

Very nice find. I've only ever owned M91/30's with a trigger assembly 'YY" proofed, never on the shank.

Although not so marked, I've also got 2 training rifles; a totally mismatched 1936 HEX Tula M91/30, ex-PEM sniper rifle with red paint on the buttplate (probably Romanian in origin), and a 1922 Izhevsk M91/30 with the interrupter/ejector removed making it a single-shot rifle. The 1922 has a 190? Sestroryetsk receiver and is VERY accurate.
    Gunhorde

Milsurps - like legal crack

3782 posts on the previous G.B. V.3

Quote Originally Posted by gunhorde View Post
    If you're referring to THIS, then no - it's just a stamp where an Imperial or Soviet stamp would normally be found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not-a-plug.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	2053034

If MillerTyme could reply and clear up what it looks like, we will have a definitive answer, but I think that is a welded over hole in the receiver. Alot of these training marked rifles were demilled, then reworked and put back into service/firing condition when WW2 broke out.

Alexander Yuschenko's book has a section on these, and on 113 it shows a welded receiver plug on a rifle. It looks very close to Miller's receiver marking.

It never ceases to amaze me at what you find! Please open a Mosin Museum. I would prepay to be in the first group to tour!!