Seeking Info on SS Issued Walther PP & Holster

Thread: Seeking Info on SS Issued Walther PP & Holster

Default Seeking Info on SS Issued Walther PP & Holster

I picked up this pistol a couple years ago from a WWII vet who swore he took it from an SS officer. Some quick research confirmed that it was a pistol issued to the SS/RSHA. He later contacted me saying that he had found the holster and magazine. Unfortunately the magazine was not one of the two matching magazines that would have been issued with the pistol. It seems to be an original Walther PP mag though.

Now for the questions. I can not find an identical PP holster like the one I have. Has anyone seen a holster like this? It is completely unmarked, but fits the pistol well and has a very clear outline that matches up when I put the pistol in. It appears to have a lot of age to it. Also, what is a pistol like this worth? I have no intention of selling it, but it's always good to know a value. I know confirmed SS stuff can be quite valuable. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sspp1.jpg   sspp2.jpg   sspp3.jpg   sspp4.jpg   sspp5.jpg   sspp6.jpg  

sspp7.jpg   sspp8.jpg   sspp9.jpg  

How do you REALLY know it was SS issue ?
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

The holster is attached at the seem and that would indicate a French holster and in M.H.O. it would go with either a Unique or Mab pistol. The SS or SA holsters would again, IMO, look like this with a number (inside flap) matching the pistols serial # along in German words for special army group.

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 051.jpg   050.jpg  
    Last edited by english; 03-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LANT View Post
    How do you REALLY know it was SS issue ?

LANT,

German documentation shows that the SS/RSHA had a contract for PP and PPK pistols that fall within certain serial number blocks. They all bear commercial proofs and came with two matching numbered magazines. Mine has been verified and added to the database of SS issued PP's by Steven Stepan, author of "SS Walther PP/PPK". I posted it on the Luger board when I first got it.

Congrats on getting a SS/RSHA verified PP pistol. I have one that Stepan is currently in the process of verifying but is a PPK complete with matching mag. Got it from a seller that did not know its provenance.
    My idea of border control is m-60 machineguns every 100yds with interlocking fields of fire.

Good score Sako! The RSHA PP's aren't easy to find. I have two close to yours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

"SS" covers everything from the Waffen SS premier divisions through all those foreign units, police units, end of the war scratch units, etc.