Disassembling Mauser 1914 7.65mm

Thread: Disassembling Mauser 1914 7.65mm

Default Disassembling Mauser 1914 7.65mm

I recently bought this pistol for a good price as it was missing the firing pin. I located a pin & spring and am trying to install. I removed the takedown rod which allows for the barrel to be removed and then the slide. I could not get the firing pin & spring to seat so I wanted to put the gun back together a bit before trying again later. I placed the slide back onto the frame and now it seems locked and will not move with the magazine in or out. Can one of you help me?

Thanks.

211 BC: I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Gnaeus Fulvius Centumalus Maximus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a denarius in any one day.

2016 AD: To enhance our community's aggregate through multi-platform metrics of media synergy catalyzing integrated outcomes of macro-disciplines toward inclusive methodology paradigms generating positive algorithms of unwavering commitment to our children, the flag, and God.

I've actually watched both of those videos before. If you are suggesting that I remove the group to get to the internals, will I need to get to the ejector & hold open catch or will removing the mag catch free up the slide?

Thanks again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by jjk308 View Post
    Entirely possible. When I was at APG in 1966, the section (I was a maintenance officer) on the GMC Hydramatic transmission for the old GMC-built 2.5 ton trucks included a cut-away for the valve body. The instructor said NOBODY could explain just how and why it worked, except the designer. Who became insane and unable to explain things. But it did work...
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Quote Originally Posted by wsjax4 View Post
    I've actually watched both of those videos before. If you are suggesting that I remove the group to get to the internals, will I need to get to the ejector & hold open catch or will removing the mag catch free up the slide?

Thanks again.
    If I remember correctly, you are right - removing the mag catch spring (the top of which I think presses against the ejector/hold open thing) may release your slide. Also, a worn magazine lip may not be pushing the hold open far enough to release the slide. Since you most likely have a gap between mag catch and mag floorplate, if this is your problem you can try using a floorplate "spacer" to push the mag up a bit. You can cut a small strip of metal from, say, a beer can, fold it and insert at the back of the mag floorplate.