Makarov Russian need help

Thread: Makarov Russian need help

Default Makarov Russian need help

A friend of mine who does estate sales called me about two pistols found in the home, the relatives know nothing about them . They are Imez Russian IJ70-18A 9mm Makarov KBI (they have the original matched serial number on the frame and slide , but have a over stamped serial number on the frame . Import number?). The grips are marked with a star and Bakial on one side and star and made in Russia on the other, both guns have holsters but no mags. I looked on gun broker to see going price but could not find the same marking, but they appear to be in the 300.00 to 350.00 range . My questions are : are mags cheap for these also were these a export model made by Russia or police or etc. . I can purchase the pair for two hundred , I feel it is a fair price but wanted to know more about the guns , she does not like to deal with firearms so always calls me when she finds any thing most of the time just junk,

Hi Jeff. These are Russian-made commercial pistols made for export, probably to the US. Mags are around $20-$35 each. $200 for both is a steal. Even without mags, they could go over $275 each pending condition. The extra number is a US serial number an importer applied even though Russia has a number already on it.

Good luck! If these were military, I'd be stopping over!!!
    Dave

Thanks for the information. I will look for a couple of mags. Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I just sold one for $350 a few weeks ago that was like new with mag, so I would say you can't go wrong for $200.