Another VZ 24 German modified

Thread: Another VZ 24 German modified

Default Another VZ 24 German modified

I found this one a couple of weeks ago. VZ 24 in a K-98 stock. Sling is a CZ 24? The gun is very nice except for the stock being sanded and refinished, but it's a Russian Captured rifle anyway. Still, looking forward to shooting it when I get my cast off my foot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 German modified 001.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 004.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 009.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 023.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 025.JPG  

more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 German modified 013.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 014.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 029.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 027.JPG   VZ 24 German modified 026.JPG  

geladen is offline Platinum Bullet Member and Curmudgeon-in-Training

What makes you think this rifle is an RC? I see lots of Bubbawerk.
    Every post I make is made with a request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Regards,
    Bill

III, GOA Life

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I'm not seeing the RC in the rifle you are showing. If anything it looks like a very poor attempt by Bubba to make a matching rifle. I don't know if you could call it fake yet since you haven't said what it was being sold as.

It could be the reciever was sometimes a Povazska Bystrica plant of ZB, production that went to Romanian contract, on top was 1938 most real.In Sowjeunion reworked with other parts to K98k configuration and reserialed?? b.r.Andy

Recent CAI import. Would it not come out of the old Soviet Union?
    My friend took it in a his shop for a very low price and sold it to me for same. All we knew is it's a VZ 24 with Nazi proofs in K-98 stock, with an import mark.

Please point out what appears Bubbaed so we all can learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VZ 24 in K-98 stock 011.JPG  
    Last edited by moosedog; 03-18-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Here are some of the things wrong with this gun:
    1. The 38 on the top of the receiver is recently stamped.
    2. The gun is buffed and re-blued. Some of it looks like cold blue
    3. The numbers added to the stock are insanely bad. Look at some vz24s on this forum and you'll see the size, location and orientation of the fonts used. Once you see it you'll see how bad these are.
    4. The trigger guard and floor plate are recently stamped
    5. The bolt numbers might produce acid flashbacks with the way they appear to be stretched. I can't tell if they were original but you have to assume they were added before the bend was done.

Are the bands numbered? If they are, I would be willing to bet that those numbers were recently applied. It might be a good idea to take the action out of the stock and check the numbers of the barrel. This could be a total put together ie. vz24 receiver and a k98 barrel. Be sure to check headspace if you plan to shoot. Since it was cheap you can have fun shooting it and not worry about any collectibility.

Thank you for pointing out those specific issues. I thought it was possibly monkeyed with but the price was low I wasn't concerned too much. I'm going to get a head space gauge since I'm interested in the Mausers. Any recommendation on that?

German modified Vz-24's are more subtle.The sling swivel on at the wrist is removed and plugged.The lower swivel on the front band gets removed.As it progresses a tube and washer may get added to the stock.Sometimes they add a sling slot like the 98K.You may find with the original barrel a Nazi firing proof on it under the hand guard.I have seen 1 rifle that looked like a Vz-24 and had no markings but small A80 proof marks on the metal parts and SN on the receiver.Slovak republic Vz-24 will have laminated stock but still have the Vz-24 stock configuration and slings but this call all vary also.The stretched numbers on the bolt is classic bending down a original straight bolt.
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy