Refurbs in other countries

Thread: Refurbs in other countries

Default Refurbs in other countries

What other countries received imported Nagants? How many were imported into the U.S.? Thank you.

With nearly 100 views so far I'm surprised nobody has an answer yet.But let me add another question,what country did U.S. imports come from.

Quote Originally Posted by russojap View Post
    What other countries received imported Nagants? How many were imported into the U.S.? Thank you.
    All over Europe, Canada, US.
    With nearly 100 views so far I'm surprised nobody has an answer yet.But let me add another question,what country did U.S. imports come from.
    Russia, Ukraine, Balkans, Spain, Finland

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Most definitely not Russia.
    Although they are all from Russia lol.

Why would Balkans,Spain and Finland have so many refurbished Nagants,and then export them?We are talking about M1895 Nagant revolvers ,right?Somebody please explain this.Not saying you are wrong Arik ,but it's hard to understand.

I don't understand the question. What do you mean why would they?

Because Finland was part of Russia once and many of their firearms are of Russian origin (not all). Because Finland fought Russia and captured weapons. And because countries like Austria and Germany captured Russian weapons and gave them to Finland to aid their war with Russia.

Balkans, Spain and other countries had communist governments or attempted to and we're helped by Russia (and China) with supplies of weapons among other things.

These guns were either received in refurbished condition or used, refurbished and placed in storage in case they were needed. As time goes on other, better weapons are made and stored. Eventually no one needs the old firearms because there's already a large surplus of newer ones. So the old ones get sold off

OK,thank you ,I believe what had me confused was a statement by Joe a while back about how all the refurbs were put back by the Soviets during the cold war , for former veterans to use in case of WWIII,I didn't realize they would end up in different countries after being obsolete.I really still don't understand why other governments would want such obsolete weapons however, since Nagants were apparently refurbished during the 1950s, long long obsolete by then.

OK,thank you ,I believe what had me confused was a statement by Joe a while back about how all the refurbs were put back by the Soviets for WWIII,for the veterans to use,I didn't realize they would end up in different countries before being obsolete.I really still don't understand why other governments would want such obsolete weapons however,as Nagants were apparently refurbished during the 1950s, long long obsolete by then.
    They weren't obsolete at the time. Spanish civil war was in the 30s before WW2. Finland fought Russia around the same time frame as WW2. And Germany/Austria captured many of these weapons in WW1.

Another reason is it's a fast way to arm a peasant army.

Refurbishment happened after WW2. They were not all that obsolete yet and no one knew what was ahead. Everything was refurbished and put in storage just in case.

All refurbs were done after WW2 when M1895 was no longer used by Soviet army (some were used for a while by police and armed guards) and about 95% of revolvers went to arsenals for storage and refurbs. Since USSR fell apart back in 1991 many arsenal's guns especially from Ukraine were sold (I'd imagine by weight). Most of them were exported to the States mostly due to low price and liberal gun laws. Back then they cost about $50...

OK ,thank you comrade toshik,those are the guns that I was referring to when I asked what other countries received imports,I don't believe I made that clear in the original post.I wasn't referring to finish capture guns etc.just to be clear.