Dominican republic Mauser

Thread: Dominican republic Mauser

Default Dominican republic Mauser

Came across one of these in 7x57. Rifle is full length and is in excellent condition. What is this thing worth? Are they rare? Guy wanted $600 for it.

fyi,the Dominican Mausers are reworks of original Brazilian models of 1908. they were probably arsenal reworked in the Dominican Republic;all the Brazilian marks were removed and then remarked for Dom. Rep. Quite possibly these were from the stocks of unissued 1908s,as the bores are as new. the one i had,the stock was sanded and varnished as well. the 1908s had white receivers originally,but the receivers got blued in the D.R. this is a fairly uncommon version to see;probably not a very big group in the process. only negative is the quality of the rework; alot less appealing than the original 1908s. all needs to be considered as for value.

I think that is expensive.I paid 400 for the one I have.However I had owned it years ago and saw it at a show and bought it back.The Dominican Rifles are harder to find.I think the 30.06 conversion is harder to find than the 7mm.The rifle I have has the larger oversize Brazilian mfg stock rather than the reused original 08 stock.Did the rifle the guy was selling have the sheet metal sight hood? With online auctions and all that these days it may be a good price or not.I may be stuck in the past with my ideas of pricing.Plus there is always someone who found one for less and will post about it.I think my short rifle was 150 at a small gun show.It was missing a barrel band but it matched.
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Last one I saw for sale was in the same condition as the OP's was 3 years ago. price was $500.

Thanks for the help. I did not purchase the rifle.