Bannerman discussion

Thread: Bannerman discussion

Default Bannerman discussion

LGS has a Bannerman 30.06 conversion done on a NEW receiver. Good shape. It's got some cool gee-whiz factor, but is there really any value to it aside from the fact that one doesn't see them every day (at least I don't). Thoughts? Ballpark valuations?

If you don't have one yet, you should as long as it isn't a crazy price. No MN collection is complete without one.

It is a commercial bubba with provenance. I would buy one at the right price. I am not so sure about shooting one.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    If you don't have one yet, you should as long as it isn't a crazy price. No MN collection is complete without one.
    What's a crazy price? That's what I'm having a hard time tracking down (though googling led me to a fascinating A/B article by a guy named "Martin08.")

This one still has its M91 sights and USA bomb stamps.

I passed on a rough N.E.W. in 30-06 four or five years ago for 100 bucks....it was very much usuable, but well worn....Saw in person two or three Remingtons in 30-06 from 300.00 to 500.00 and passed on them as well. Still don't have a Bannerman in the collection and am not much in a hurry to add one.

Pahtu.

First off, is it a Bannerman that still looks like a M91, or is it one of the Bannerman sporters, that they cut the barrel, and stock and such?

They are kinda neat, but really only way I'd have one would be for a good price, and I'd reload for it.
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

They'll always be a empty chair at the gunshows for you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by joe7170 View Post
    First off, is it a Bannerman that still looks like a M91, or is it one of the Bannerman sporters, that they cut the barrel, and stock and such?

They are kinda neat, but really only way I'd have one would be for a good price, and I'd reload for it.
    Looks like this (image found on web):

Attachment 2060282

I don't reload, but I do have have a bunch of PRVI Garand ammo which is lower-pressure.

If it's a sporter in very good condition as you stated, $350 maybe? Full stock examples are more. Beat up examples can be much less.

I collect military rifles. Bannermans are not military. You have to draw the line somewhere. BUT were I a Mosin collector I would want one.
    Turning relics into near-relics since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by martin08 View Post
    Martin, I will start sending you the Mosin variations crafted by Bubba that I find. Your Mosin collection is incomplete without one or more of them.