My "First" M24 - Böhler-Stahl in Early(Updated) M91 Stock

Thread: My "First" M24 - Böhler-Stahl in Early(Updated) M91 Stock

Default My "First" M24 - Böhler-Stahl in Early(Updated) M91 Stock

Just grabbed this one from a local show yesterday. There were a couple other Finns at the show, but they were really overpriced and this was the only one that really "spoke" to me.

While this technically isn't my first M24, its the first in the new collection. It is a Böhler-Stahl barreled M24 in an early M91 stock. The stock also has what appear to be some Austrian traits and marks. The reason I could tell it was early was because if you pull the sling swivels out of the Finnish escutcheons, you can tell the stock was fitted only for the round holes in those escutcheons rather than the Russian/rectangular ones which would've shown more of an opening under the escutcheons than the Finnish round holes drilled through the stock. Obviously its been updated since then with the crossbolt and escutcheons. Either way, thought it was kind of neat.

Based on the CG number, this one came out of the Lahti Civil Guard District.

The one thing that really caught my eye was the serial. Nothing special about it really, I just remembered having one that was very close in serial number. I used to own serial 27744.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    There can be only one, and that's me....JR

Can see why it spoke to you, speaks to me too! Very nice. What are those import marks on the receiver? It looks like a much later import mark compared to the early CAI or other importers? Just curious, as I got a very nice 1915 Izhevsk recently with a billboard import mark that looked more recent? I am unaware of any recent imports that would of had the larger import marks like the billboard type? Except of course the many 91/30s that came in afterwards. Just never noticed them on the older rifles that I thought came in a long time ago without those? Any ideas? Congrats on the rifle she is a butte! Regards, John.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Very nice, I love them Finns, and that one is nice!!! Congratulations on an awesome find.

Congratulations on the "first", looks fantastic!
    Lotema

-- Below are my favorites from the safe... The others are near and dear to me but these ones are a little more special.
    1905 - M91 - Sestroryetsk
    1916 - M91 - Tula "Peter the Great"
    1917 - M91 - Remington
    1942 - M91 - VKT "B" Barrel
    1941 - M39 - Sako
    1952 - M44 - Radom (11)
    1947 - M91/30 - Izhevsk
    1944 - M91/30 - Tikka

That is a sharp one! The finish looks to be original blue to me; I wouldn't have passed that up either.
    Looking for PU scope number 10062. See post http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...light=pashutr3

Thanks gents for the kind words and comments.

Handsome Devil, I was a bit struck by the import mark as well. I know I've seen a couple of Finns import marked like this before, though I can't remember where or which rifles. I'll keep a lookout and will share if I come across any more marked as such.

Very nice buddy! Love the character on that one!
    "Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be."
    - General Douglas MacArthur

The stock looks to have Austrian traits to it. Prime example of a step barrel set down in an M91 stock. Note how well the hand guard fits to the line of the fore stock! If it is done over here nine times out of ten there will be a gap in that fit due to the hand guard not being wide enough to cover that swelled barrel. Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!