Could've had a 'free' CZ75 today if....

Thread: Could've had a 'free' CZ75 today if....

Default Could've had a 'free' CZ75 today if....

....if I was a different person!

I've been on Gunboards for a couple months now, and own a CZ52, but....
    I spent today at the Hampton Va. gun show. Late morning I was on the left side of the hall, looking at pistol magazines, when I spotted what looked like a pistol laying in one of the magazine bins. At first glance, I thought it might have been one of those plastic replica or Airsoft guns. Then I picked it up and it turned out to be the real thing - A CZ75 with rubber grips and no magazine. At that moment a woman behind the table asked if I needed some help.
    I asked "is this yours?"
    She gave me a strange look and said "No".
    I told her where I found it and handed her the pistol.
    She gave it to her boss, who said " Oh, the guy was just here and bought a CZ magazine!".
    Soon I moved on, and several minutes later heard over the PA system
    "Will the person that just bought a CZ75 magazine, please come back to the seller and get your CZ pistol?" followed immediately by general snickering and chuckling by many of the people there.
    A while later, I stopped back at the magazine seller's, who told me the owner had come back for his gun.
    I asked if the owner looked like he was having a heart attack, and the seller said "yes".
    So today turned out to be one of the more entertaining gun shows I've been to!

Happy Motoring, Mark
    Last edited by DrDKW; 03-19-2017 at 11:29 PM.

This is an example of a person that doesn't need to be handling, shooting or owning firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by bcsatch View Post
    This is an example of a person that doesn't need to be handling, shooting or owning firearms.

That thought did cross my mind.
    Much as I'd love to have a CZ75, keeping it wasn't an option.
    I suppose the magazine vendor could've turned it over to the cops.
    The ones that patrol the event probably heard the announcment.

Happy Motoring, Mark

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

No excuse for not knowing where your piece is.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

I, for one, commend you, DrDKW, for your honesty and integrity. I have misplaced my keys, and my cell phone, but, NEVER a firearm or ammo! Too much bad news can happen, and when I start to misplace the firearms, I have a bargain with my wife, that all will be sold, probably on these Gun Boards...
    The measure of a man is that he will take an oath, and keep it forever. My goal, entirely.
    Exodus Chapter 22 If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten so that he dieth, there shall be no bloodguiltiness for him.

Sometimes I leave a bore light at a show. Never see that sucker again.
    "Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."

Will Rogers

That's why I carry pistols in a hardcase with a strap around my wrist.You know how it is ,you get to talking at a table with someone and get distracted it can happen.You did the right thing morally as any decent person would,anyway around here there is a cop at the exits and they could very well check what you have,seen it happen before.There was a friend of mine left a plastic hard case with a cz27 and a nice ww2 p38 in it.Well the dealer must have stuck it under his table as my friend went back everywhere he had been,no case.The guys table he was sure he left it at said nope haven't seen it.Well he got hold of the show promoter and said here is my phone number call me if it turns up and went home,he was bummed.The promoter told him to not get his hopes up as there are thousands of people here, he put it over the loud speaker several times they were looking for it .This was a Sat.,friend got a call Sun. morning and promoter said someone found it and turned it in!I think the guy at the table who was not a dealer got cold feet and turned it in.Was thinking of getting himself an extra payday.The pistols were worth over a grand.
    Last edited by junker; 03-22-2017 at 08:50 AM.

The couple times I've brought guns to a show recently, I used a sturdy, black Samsonite 'makeup-case'. It doesn't look like a typical gun-case, but it has two key-locks and is kind of bulky and hard to casually misplace. Haven't tried a wrist-strap yet.

Happy Motoring, Mark
    Last edited by DrDKW; 03-22-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Had the same thing happen at an outdoor range a few years ago. Me and my buddy pull up, pay the fees and walk over to the tables, no other cars in the lot and no other people anywhere around.
    Sitting on a table was a very nice sig in the plastic sig marked case just begging to come home with me..
    Being a dumbass I turned it in to the rangemaster...from the way the range guy reacted he probably got a new pistol for his growing collection of forgotten firearms..

Quote Originally Posted by chasdev View Post
    Had the same thing happen at an outdoor range a few years ago. Me and my buddy pull up, pay the fees and walk over to the tables, no other cars in the lot and no other people anywhere around.
    Sitting on a table was a very nice sig in the plastic sig marked case just begging to come home with me..
    Being a dumbass I turned it in to the rangemaster...from the way the range guy reacted he probably got a new pistol for his growing collection of forgotten firearms..
    At least , hearing the PA announcement assured me the magazine vendor wasn't keeping it for himself.

Happy Motoring, Mark

Indeed, good on them for that.
    Were I the guy who forgot it, I would be very grateful.
    I dropped my wallet in a Costo parking lot last year and when I got home and found it missing I burned rubber back to the lost and found desk where some honest soul had left it for me to claim..
    Maybe it was Karma, I turned in that Sig and got my wallet back in return..works for me.

Don't know if it's Karma, but at the Collector Gun Show in Manassas yesterday, I picked up a decent original CZ52 holster for $15.
    Been looking for awhile. Online, they've been running about $30 -$40, plus shipping for 'new' (repro?) ones.

Happy Motoring, Mark