HV marked Holster for Egyptian Helwan/Danshway pistol?

Thread: HV marked Holster for Egyptian Helwan/Danshway pistol?

Default HV marked Holster for Egyptian Helwan/Danshway pistol?

This holster caught my eye due to markings and unusual profile. My suspicions were confirmed when I got home as my Danshway fits perfectly. The longer barrel of a Beretta M1951E will not fit in the holster.

Does anyone know the meaning of HV in a wreath? A five digit serial number is stamped on the back of the holster flap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0008 (2).jpg   IMG_0004.jpg   IMG_0007 (2).jpg  

I have searched through countless photos online of Egyptian military historic photos, trying to figure out what the original holsters looked like for the Danshway's and Helwans, but have found nothing.

Until you just posted the photo, I never knew that the barrels/slide were any different on the 1951's.

Do you think the holster fit is coincidental? Also with the lanyard fitting on the pistols, I would assume there to be a corresponding lanyard loop on the holster?

Lanyards usually fit around the neck or shoulder. I have never seen one attached to the holster. Do you feel attachment to the holster is an Egyptian thing? The fit is exact with the butt properly positioned for the lanyard to run outside the holster.
    I would like to know what the HV in a wreath means. Government organization? Egyptian? Bring back from Iran?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

The holster appears to be a Croatian PHP 9mm military holster.

No idea on what pistol this is for but the Norwegian Home Guard uses "HV" as a marking. John

Yep, it's the issue holster for the Croatian PHP pistol.

Thank you all for the input.