New here from Kentucky

Thread: New here from Kentucky

Default New here from Kentucky

Signed up a few days ago. I'm a Mauser junkie , but alas , since I've become disabled my collecting Has slowed down considerably. Also have a few US military firearms. I do a little hobby gunsmithing, and have built a few guns from parts. Looking forward to learning a lot here. JOHN
    Last edited by jwrauch; 03-21-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Welcome to Gunboards!
    "You'd know what it is if you needed one!"

Welcome indeed!
    I also do a little hobby smithing but I refer to myself as a "gun plumber"...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Welcome aboard.
    I joined a couple months ago and everyone has been friendly and really helpful. As you may have noticed, these forums are very active. You have come to the right place.
    Joe

hey John,g'day and welcome. we'll look forward to some of your comments about fixing the Mausers. cheers,FRosty.

geladen is offline Platinum Bullet Member and Curmudgeon-in-Training

Welcome to the Mauser forum. There is no better place online to learn about Mauser rifles.
    Every post I make is made with a request for corrections. I'm here to learn.

Regards,
    Bill

All my Mausers are here (Index is in post #1):
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?144316-Mausers-Only-Mausers

III, GOA Life

I stroll on all these boards for many years and still come to see here every day. Let an old geezer, from beyond the pond, convince you that you are in excellent company here.
    The only thing I sometimes regret is that members don't always divulge where they are situated ... sometimes this could help to give a more specific answer/solution. I honestly don't understand why some/many are reluctant to give away the state/region/country they live in. Being prudent is excellent, being aware how far one should go is a very different matter. Greetings from Flanders fields.

Welcome John.

Quote Originally Posted by Big commander View Post
    I stroll on all these boards for many years and still come to see here every day. Let an old geezer, from beyond the pond, convince you that you are in excellent company here.
    The only thing I sometimes regret is that members don't always divulge where they are situated ... sometimes this could help to give a more specific answer/solution. I honestly don't understand why some/many are reluctant to give away the state/region/country they live in. Being prudent is excellent, being aware how far one should go is a very different matter. Greetings from Flanders fields.
    Added my state of residence (Kentucky, or should I say, Guntucky ) to the title. Thanks for all the welcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrauch View Post
    Added my state of residence (Kentucky, or should I say, Guntucky ) to the title. Thanks for all the welcomes.
    Whereabouts in KY, if you don't mind saying?

I'm right across the river in Southern Indiana.

Are you a Hatfield or a McCoy?

Welcome! I'm also from Kentucky. Lake Cumberland area.

Welcome-I live in Breckinridge county, love military firearms or any old ones. Lucky enough to live on large enough acreage to have my own range. Maybe the local members should get together once in a while?

You guys that live in the free states are so lucky.

Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeysup View Post
    Welcome-I live in Breckinridge county, love military firearms or any old ones. Lucky enough to live on large enough acreage to have my own range. Maybe the local members should get together once in a while?
    Got enough room for a MG34?

Its only 100 yds but has one heck of a back stop! I live about 30 minutes from Knob Creek, go there 1-2 times a month, great gun shop, if you are ever in the area be sure to visit Biff's gun shop just up the road, owned by the same family-great people and Biff's is a real experience.

I live a couple miles SE of Elizabethtown. I get up to Knob Creek every now and then. Used to be a member until we bought a place in the country with my own range. Still go to the machine gun shoots when I can.