Gunboards Forums banner

Shoulder stock for the slotted Hi Power ?

13K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  John Sukey In Memoriam 
#1 ·
Anybody know where I could get a shoulder stock for the slotted Belgian Hi Power ? I am looking for the board type with the leather holster on the side not the Englis type. Original or repo is ok. Thanks for any info.

Dean

#2 ·
Watch Gunbroker, Auction Arms and even ebay.

#5 ·
Just an afterthought here-unless you go the NFA route, it is only legal to put a shoulder stock on a pre-WWII FN Hi-Power. I mention this as FN made a run of "collector" run of Hi-Powers with tangent sights and a slot for the stock.

#6 ·
unless you go the NFA route, it is only legal to put a shoulder stock on a pre-WWII FN Hi-Power.
Not sure if even that is true under all circumstances {for example, with a repro stock, I don't think it is legal without Registering it first}.

As stated before,

Better check with ATF!!! :)

#11 ·
I am not getting a shoulder stock for my Browning FN Hi Power. I am not even thinking or writing about it. I am totally uninterested in getting a shoulder stock. I have no need for one. It is the farthest thing from my mind. I am the last person on earth to get a shoulder stock for my Hi Power. I am totally satisfied to see the pictures and just dream about it. It is only a dream. It isn't for real.............

#13 ·
Official ATF Regs on Inglis Browning Shoulder Stock

SECTION III: Weapons Removed From The NFA As Collector's Items And Classified As Curios Or Relics Under The GCA
The Bureau has determined that by reason of the date of their manufacture, value, design and other characteristics, the following firearms are primarily collector's items and are not likely to be used as weapons and, therefore, are excluded from the provisions of the National Firearms Act.

Further, the Bureau has determined that such firearms are also curios or relics as defined in 27 CFR 178.11. Thus, licensed collectors may acquire, hold or dispose to them as curios or relics subject to the provisions of 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 and 27 CFR Part 178. They are still "firearms" as defined in 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44.

Any military bolt action or semiautomatic rifle mfd. prior to 1946 and accompanied by a "cup type" grenade launcher designed for the specific rifle. Belgian, Pre-war mfd. Hi Power pistols, in cal. 9mm having tangent sights graduated to 500 meters, slotted for shoulder stock, having S/Ns of less than 47,000 without letter prefixes or suffixes and accompanied by original Belgian mfd. detachable wooden flat board type shoulder stocks.

Beretta, model 1918/1930, semiautomatic carbine, cal. 9mm, having a barrel length of 12.5" and a magazine capacity of 25 rounds.
Beretta, model 1923, semiautomatic pistol, in cal. 9mm Kurz (.380), accompanied by original Italian detachable leather and metal holster/shoulder stock.
Bergmann-Bayard, model 1908, Pistol, 9mm Bergmann-Bayard with shoulder stock and 4" barrel.
Bergmann, Mars model 1903, self loading pistol, w/accompanying shoulder stock.
British PIAT (Projector, Infantry, Anti-tank).
Browning, model 1903, Pistol, 9mm Browning Long, with shoulder stock and 5" barrel.
Browning Hi power pistols, 9mm having tangent sights graduated to 500 meters, slotted for shoulder stock, having S/Ns less than T200,000 etched vertically on the right side of slide, barrel or frame and bearing crest of Emirates of Muscat & Oman, or mirror image of such crest, accompanied by original detachable wooden flat board shoulder stocks.

Canadian, Inglis No. 1, Chinese Contract, Hi Power pistols, cal. 9mm parabellum, having a tangent rear sight adjustable from 50 to 500 meters, slotted for shoulder stock, and having the letters C in the S/N and accompanied by original Canadian mfd. detachable wooden holster/shoulder stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.