Are we ever going to be able

Thread: Are we ever going to be able

Default Are we ever going to be able

To post pictures again? Apparenlty I can post a picture in the test board now, but all attempts in threads on the boards still show up with the word attachment followed by numbers. This has been going on for months. The ability to post pictures on these boards used to be great. What happenned?
    Nescire autem quid ante quam natus sis acciderit, id est semper esse puerum.
    (To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.)

-M. Tullius Cicero

Going to put an image here as a test. They seem to be posting correctly, then disappearing. We had some database errors a little while back, so it might be cause.

Attachment 2067506

This is Case #2475001

Kevin
    Last edited by Admin; 03-22-2017 at 01:26 PM.

All I see is a string of text, no image.
    vBulletin Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.
    : Billy (The kid / Dennis Hopper).

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for updating us.
    I have come across the same thing here.

The ticket is being looked into by the tech team.
    We will chime in once we have an update for you guys.

Richard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aku_in_his_throne.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	2070042

test

~S

strange "bull on fire" cartoon?
    What the heck is that thing?
    direct posted (img/img) from Photobucket:
    “Americans talk a lot about the value of freedom, but are actually afraid of anyone who truly exhibits it”.

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    strange "bull on fire" cartoon?
    What the heck is that thing?
    direct posted (img/img) from Photobucket:
    Don't you know the evil that is Aku?
    In Memorium:
    GM1c - LST 941

You can view pics of my collection here.

never heard of it.

Hey guys,

It images look to be working again but tech are still looking into it, to make sure it's 100%. We'll update once the ticket is resolved.

Niall

Just had another failure, main collector's forum, thread #180 weekend quiz 4u, post #45.
    (To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child.)

-M. Tullius Cicero

Main collector's forum, thread Top five most rare guns in your collection, post #454.

-M. Tullius Cicero

More tests with the Shogun of Sorrow (he's from a cartoon)

Thanks, we're finding the intermittent nature of this error to be hard to pin down.

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aku on the phone.jpg  

Anyone got a recent example of an image going missing? Like from the last couple weeks recent.

Right now our best theory is that there was an issue with attachments that's gone now since none of our other tests are disappearing.

Kevin

Just tried some on #10 on this thread: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...ade-for-the-US

-M. Tullius Cicero

Thanks tplan. And you just uploaded and that's it right? They aren't working now, but were they working when you first uploaded last night? And you didn't do anything to remove them in the UserCP afterwards.

Just double checking so when I bring this back to my tech, I'll be able to give firm answers to their questions.

Kevin

Correct. I uploaded them after I saw your message. I could see them initially by clicking the link, but not later.

-M. Tullius Cicero

Thanks!

Edit: one thing I didnt think to ask to clarify was the type of file and what browser/device you used when uploading.

Kevin

Whatever apple saves photos loaded directly to an ipad as, ipad, safari.

-M. Tullius Cicero

Apple just saves as a jpeg, on your Ipad you see the site same as you would on a desk top? Or there's a mobile view?

Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by plonker View Post
    never heard of it.
    He is the antagonist from a cartoon called "Samurai Jack". Good show. He is voiced by the late Mako. The show is going to get a 5th season this year, after 12 years off the air, to finally conclude the story.
    In Memorium:
    GM1c - LST 941

You can view pics of my collection here.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Apple just saves as a jpeg, on your Ipad you see the site same as you would on a desk top? Or there's a mobile view?

Kyle
    Desktop

-M. Tullius Cicero

The only way i have found to post a photo or video for that matter is when replying used the go advanced option instead of utilizing the quick reply...its the only way I have found that is works...
    So all that I'm trying to say
    I'm looking for a better way
    But some days it just gets so hard
    And I don't wanna slip away...

Have you tried it the way MBY mentioned? Does this way work for you? Inserting a image form "quick replies" doesn't seem to work, but doing it from the "go advanced" page does. Once you've clicked "go advanced" click on "manage attachments" below the text box or click the paperclip in the icons and insert the image that way. Tech are still looking into getting the quick replies fixed but this way might be a work around for you for the time being.

Niall

Have you tried it the way MBY mentioned? Does this way work for you? Inserting a image form "quick replies" doesn't seem to work, but doing it from the "go advanced" page does. Once you've clicked "go advanced" click on "manage attachments" below the text box or click the paperclip in the icons and insert the image that way. Tech are still looking into getting the quick replies fixed but this way might be a work around for you for the time being.

Niall
    I dont even use the manage attachments button just the icon for photos (insert image) or videos (insert videos) in the reply tab...strange because its the same icons as in quick reply but they are not functional there and leave you with an invalid attachment message...probably a simple coding error...
    So all that I'm trying to say
    I'm looking for a better way
    But some days it just gets so hard
    And I don't wanna slip away...

Going to do a test. See if I get any changes between using Quick Reply or Advanced. This one will have an attachment added by "Quick Reply"

Figure I'll stick with the Samurai Jack theme I started

Name:	Demongo-1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	2155026

Kevin

Name:	scotsman.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	2155034

From the Advanced Reply

Real test is to see if they linger

Kevin

Niall
    Looks like go advanced is working now. There is no go advanced available when I start a thread, but the pics showed up in the initial post as well.

-M. Tullius Cicero