Astra M1921

Thread: Astra M1921

Default Astra M1921

I have had a few these and sold all of them, just acquired another one. Serial 35133 according to this http://9mmlargo.com/400/400_seri.htm serial 35133 was the first of 68 individual sales from 1924 to 1926. Is this accurate? Also I read that for private owner ship they had to be de-activated and this was done by milling part of the barrel at the ejection port so it could not fire, the barrel has a mirror bore and the number does not match the slide and frame so the not original barrel would make sense. According to this 9mm largo site the barrel was made in 1936. If the one I have was a private ownership how did it end up being imported to the states?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2978.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	2063586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2993.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	2063594Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2996.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	313.8 KB 
ID:	2063602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2997.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	2063610Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2998.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	362.0 KB 
ID:	2063618

Probably a private firearm from a military person. It's the most simple explanation for all your questions, but of course far from definitive.

Spanish gun laws have been and are too complicated to understand for you americans.

Just enjoy that fine pistol.

I am an international patron of Gunboards

Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    Probably a private firearm from a military person. It's the most simple explanation for all your questions, but of course far from definitive.

Spanish gun laws have been and are too complicated to understand for you americans.

Just enjoy that fine pistol.
    Star,
    Please enlighten me on Spanish firearm laws, I promise you I can "understand" them even tho I am American. You cam PM me if you want.
    I will enjoy this Astra, it is a few of the surplus firearms I have owned over the years that I wished I would have kept, and I am thrilled to have found this one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

OK, now I realize my post may sound rude, my sincere apologies, no offense intended. Of course I didn't meant that you or any of the American friends here are not capable to understand some laws or anything. I meant that some spanish laws regarding firearms ownership are somewhat absurd and can't compare with yours.

A civilian in Spain can own firearms without the need of deactivation, under certain conditions. What do you want to know about it?

I am an international patron of Gunboards

My apology as well, my reply was a little condescending

I am just trying to verify, if thats possible, with some degree of accuracy if I do possess 1 of 68 individual sales guns as 9mmLargo.com would suggest. The only other alleged individual sales gun I have seen pictures of is on an auction site, all numbers match even the barrel. I know there is a book out that would probably tell but I really dont want to spend $150 on a book and so far I have not been able to find that much info on the internet. I would really appreciate any info on this.
    Thanks!