Gunboards Forums banner

Uberti Carbine...couldn't resist

773 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Thagomizer 
#1 ·
Hi Fellas,

So I'm running some errands yesterday, and of course set my route to include an LGS last stop. Wanted to know if he was up with the Kali lead ban, and would he be needing to move any tins because of it. Said he was good, and asked me if I did black powder, and that he just brought in a few. I says no, but lets check 'em out anyway. They looked like they were store bought, not kits, or someone knew what they were doing, had a hollow ground driver set, and could do excellent wood work.

There were 3:
a flint lock, .50 "Traditions Hawken Woodsman" looking, modern sights, excellent
a percussion, .50 "Traditions DeerHunter" looking, excellent, if not for the missing chunk of butt stock heal, modern sights
an Uberti .44 revolver carbine, very good...but the cylinder and retaining pin were stuck

Any hoo, he says X ducats for all 3. I says, so X each (X3=X). Yep says he. I says I'll take the Revolver Carbine X ducats, cash & carry... It was a good transaction, and I think you can get replacement cylinders that shoot metal boolit cartridges, but they are spendy.

After soaking in Kroil all night, I was able to get it all freed up and cleaned this morning. Cycled through single action, advancing and locking up the cylinder, has a decent trigger. Looks pretty cool and fit my scabbard perfect. I wasn't going to take any pictures if it was going to end up a wall hanger. Here you go. PAX

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.