Gunboards Forums banner

My New MAB - D With Nazi Waffenamt Marking

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bayoned 
#1 · (Edited)

Although the French firearms I have collected in the long-ago past have been flintlocks from the 1700's and early 1800's, lately I have become interested in WWII era German small-caliber pistols, so decided to add this to the growing collection as well! (The only other "modern" French pistol I own is a Mlle 1892 revolver dated 1914.) I found this little MAB at a regional antique gun shop of some renown and since it wasn't anything like the MG 42 or Sturmgewehr 44 they also had, it was fairly cheap - more in my price range! You can plainly see the rather weak WaA 251 marking between the serial no. and MAB on the frame above the trigger and it also has a Nazi proof mark on the barrel. Unfortunately, as seems often to be the case with these, the plastic grips had shrunk, splitting the one on the left at the bottom hole. (On the other grip panel I had to enlarge one of the holes to get the screw back in place!) I know reproduction replacement grips are available but as long as it doesn't interfere with shooting - and so far it hasn't! - i prefer to leave them alone.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.