Gunboards Forums banner

SKS M at the Philly show

1K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Boris Badinov 
#1 ·
Saw an SKS M at the Philadelphia 3day Show bout two hours ago. First one I've ever seen in person.

Listed at $600.

The seller told me he wasn't able to come down any lower on the price.

Heh-heh.

(No, martin08, I didn't come home with it. I now only buy Pistols on impulse...for the time being).

Any interested parties in the Philly area: its in building C in the first or second row nearest the door.

#3 ·
The commercial variants just don't whisper to me like the surplus beauties.

Also, I've binged on a few (four) new pistols in a short period of time. So I have those to keep me company.

If I had purchased any of the SKS offerings today it would have been a minty [0141] Security Services rifle reasonably tagged at $475.

I will say that there were lot of very nice surplus guns at this show. It's been slim pickings since last spring. But today there was all kinds of stuff.

As far as deals, though, this "M" seemed to be the best...no box, no accessories.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't it still be reasonably priced at 200-300 more?

#5 ·
It's really odd. I go to every show. But I've only ever bought one firearm at a gunshow. The prices are just too high.

I recently got a NIB Ruger LCP2 in .380acp (amazing little pistol btw)-- for $280otd. The lowest price i saw at the show today was $359 + $25 backround. But every store in my area is selling the same pistol for 289 or less.

There was also a 1993 dated Chinese carbine for $450.

#19 ·
:)

Yugo receiver, trigger group
Chinese barrel, gas tube
Albanian charging handle
Romanian bolt and cover with drop-free mod
Russian bayonet
Thumbhole stock (Chinese?)
US Tapco Mag with the nose cut off
Extended Scythian mag release

SKS-DBLS = SKS Duckbilless = Mutt = major junk closet build!

But it is fun!

#25 ·
One sold on GB in December or November for $1300!!

Hilariously, it had a "Buy It Now" price of $900 that neither of the two competing bidders bothered to click on.

NIB and still in the grease with all the accessories still in the plastic baggies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.