Czech and Hungarian ammo. Gun show scores.

Thread: Czech and Hungarian ammo. Gun show scores.

Default Czech and Hungarian ammo. Gun show scores.

Found these today. Havent taken my makarov caliber pistols out in a while. But i stumbled onto couple packagings i'd never seen before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170324_191630.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	344.3 KB 
ID:	2073698

Now I have a good reason to get my Bulgarian and my P64 out to the range again.

Anyone have any experience with either of these rounds?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170324_192139.jpg  

The MFS in the green box is brass cased reloadable and flies around 1,000 fps. Good ammo. I always thought the S&B to be more range quality - steel cased and 100 fps slower, but good reliable ammo too.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Yes, I too like the MFS ammo.
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    The MFS in the green box is brass cased reloadable and flies around 1,000 fps. Good ammo. I always thought the S&B to be more range quality - steel cased and 100 fps slower, but good reliable ammo too.
    Does S & B shoot dirtier, generally speaking? I mean, residue on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    Thanks for the imput NB.

The MFS has a cool ballistics chart on the side of the box displaying ballistic characteristics between 0-100 meteres for a 100mm/4inch barrel. I hadn't taken the time to convert the chart from metric to American standard. 290m/sec at 100meteres. 1000ft/sec at 100 yards looks like about right. (390m/sec at the muzzle--yikes!!)

I passed on all of the usual 9x18 offerings at the gun show yesterday. As my pistol collection has grown, I shoot my makarov caliber pistols a lot less (my Bulgarian Circle 10 is still the most accurate pistol I've ever shot), so when I go to shows I'm always looking for the more obscure commercial packagings and surplus 9x18 ammo.

I really dig the no-nonsense Czechoslovakian boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
    Does S & B shoot dirtier, generally speaking? I mean, residue on the gun.
    No, I never thought so, but that's a pretty subjective measurement.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Guns get dirty when fired, it's just a fact of life. And straight blow-back designs like the Makarov get really sooty after a range session, particularly inside the slide. I thought it was more common with steel cased ammo, but I put two boxes of brass cased ammo through my Bulgy at my last range session and it was filthy. And that was with S&B brass and MFS brass ammo. I always clean my guns well after every shooting session.