Well, took the first step to new sights

Thread: Well, took the first step to new sights

Default Well, took the first step to new sights

Sent out an email to Magnaport this morning about the possibility of them putting new night sights on my Makarov. I posted a while back about needing more visible sights for my tired old eyes, and I even bought a new pistol, which I have been perfectly happy with. In fact it has found a permanent home as my GHB pistol replacing the Mak there, this will be strictly CC. But, the fact remains I miss my old friend and partner of 16 plus years of carry. So, its been wiggling about in my brain for a while, and I think its time to see about having my EG upgraded to shiny new bright night sights my eyes can see. For 16 years the Mak has always come back from "being replaced", and it may happen again.

As I also posted I was going to pass this pistol on to my nephew, but, fate intervened. I was in the gun shop the very weekend it was to change hands and found a new inbox Bulgarian which I snapped up for a dirt cheap price. And offered it to him in place of my old EG, and he shot it and liked it just as well, and he liked it being new not old. Which I have to say, it really was a smooth shooter too, not much quite as smooth as my EG but it will smooth out with use. I did lose about half dozen magazines from my stash of magazines though still.

So, yes, it will ruin whatever collector interest it may have had in the future, but that's a non-issue to me, so I am checking into spa time for an upgrade.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Well I heard back from them and they do not do sights on pistols, only on revolvers. They did however give me the name of a company which does a lot of sight work on pistols here in Mi. AmeriGun in Northbranch. It so happens that I am going north next week for a couple days so will give them a call and find out if they can work on it.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Just send it to me, Lee. I'll do the dovetails with my dremel and use a ball peen hammer to carefully put the sights in. It will be beautiful! Cold blue will cost you extra.

Sounds good, I'll send right away, you stand by the mailbox until it gets there