Samco "scopeless" PU question

Thread: Samco "scopeless" PU question

Default Samco "scopeless" PU question

I have a question regarding samco scopeless sniper. I found one locally that i'm thinking buying. They seller says that previous owner he bought the rifle from stated that he drilled and tapped the rifle and mounted repro base/mont/scope setup. However everybody the seller showed the rifle to keeps saying that it couldn't be drilled and tapped because Samco never imported ex snipers, or did they? It's typical izhevsk '44.

samco did advertise in shotgun news bent bolt ex snipers.
    ex's typically have holes filled.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/200...80/rifles.html

Sold as:

MOSIN-NAGANT M91/30 BENT BOLT - C & R Eligible

Russian manufactured improvements to the Basic M91. Original Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Bent Bolt with 4 holes or 2 holes/2 pin on receiver for Pu Scope and mount. Straight-line stock, 5 round magazine, with round receiver. Shorter Barrel, Tangent rear sight and protected front sight became standard WWII rifle. Matching Bolt and Receiver.

Barrel length: 27.8"
    Overall length: 48.5"

Very Good Condition.........$269.95 Special Select Condition....$289.95 Excellent Condition.........$329.95

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

emcon5, Thanks for the way back link. Lots of fond memories there.

Pavlin, Some of those ex-Yugoslavian Army, Soviet built PU's were just like the one in Swamp Yank's thread, see here. http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...sk-Yugo-Sniper

Hello,

MANY throw around the TERM "SAMCO Scopeless Sniper" because they bring a premium. A Scopeless Sniper is as the nomenclature states a SNIPER rifle missing its scope. A TRUE SAMCO Scopeless Sniper has the complete scope, mount and base missing from the rifle. It will have the cutout for the base in the stock and the holes will be PRESENT, some times the pins can be present sometime not. Lastly they come with a original sniper bent bolt sometimes matching but mostly not.

Now SAMCO did have EX-SNIPERS they are exactly like the Ex-snipers we see all the time from the REFURB lots imported for almost the last 2 decades with a COUPLE of differences. The SAMCO EX-SNIPERS will come with a real deal bent bolt some times they match others don't and the original PU sniper stock but will have a FILLED IN spliced in repair to cover were the base use to me. The base screw holes and pins will be welded over. you will see MANY folks re-snipering these and calling them Scopeless but the splice wood gives it away it was a Ex-sniper version. hope the clears it up for you.

Later
    Vaughn99
    Tula 91/30 Ex-Snipers WANTED!!!!!!! See List Below
    Zeiss Type Any Date
    Walther Type Any Date
    1932 PE, Top Mount, Hex Receiver
    1933 PE, Top Mount, Hex Receiver
    1936 PE, Top Mount, Round Receiver
    1938 PE, Top Mount СП Marked
    1938 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1939 PE, Top Mount СП Marked
    1939 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1940 PE, Top Mount Siege Built
    1943 PE, Top Mount Siege Built

Thanks Vaughn. Most likely it's ex. That's kind of the conclusion that I came to reading few other threads. It had a stock with trapeze like cut out for the mount. Other ones that I've seen with similar stock were EXes.