Which cheap AR rifle is best? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which cheap AR rifle is best?

Quote Originally Posted by chasdev View Post
    What say you all to Windham as a brand name?
    I found a local gun shop that has one marked down from $880 to $680..
    If memory serves, these guys have a good rep, right?
    Absolutely, Wyndham is what Bushmaster used to be, same plant. Same guns, before Remington/freedom bought Bushmaster

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Not trying to indulge in that but when I see a $200 price drop on a new in the box rifle which brings it down to almost the same as the starter level dpms and others, I thought it might be worth a mention.

Just went over 1000 rounds thru my Wyndham. Never a hiccup. And although I rarely shoot them, it has no problem with cheap steel case ammo. Solid choice.
    MAK9MM

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
    - Adam Savage

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Steel case ammo compatibility is a definite plus, love it or hate it, it's the cheapest way to go.

Org. Bushmasters I have two.
    Rock River I have one.
    Custom build on Areo reciever top components a year ago,,dealers prices.
    Anderson pistol ar.
    On used market... lots of (low fire counts) name top brand AR's....(because of ammo prices last few years.)
    Areo brownells no stocks build up as you desire.
    Prices have fallen new below $475!
    What else could you want, compaired to years back when we, or some paid for the same things at extreme prices if you didn't position yourself correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post
    Chas,

deal of the day,

CDNN S&W with goodies,

some will poo poo the 1:9 twist, but it will do what you need it to do up to 69grs,

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wes...stom-pack.html

I just went thru everything on this thread. I spend days on the net researching, going to the store and looking, handling, etc. At the range I talked to folks, I talked to officers at the local gunshop that is also the police an fire supply store. After all was said and done I pretty much had decided that for the "budget" ar-15 needs that the S&W Sport II was the best of the bunch.

I came close to buying one, a guy at the range let me shoot his, all of it was good. Now that being said I ended up getting significantly more for a pistol that I was trading in and adding that money went with a Colt LE6920MPS, but if that had not been the case, the Sport II would have been in my safe right now. I also add that almost all the best deals on ammo right now is for 55gr, so that would be ideal for the 1:9 twist of the S&W.

Howard

REMEMBER a pistol is only so you can fight your way to a bigger gun that you should have had in the first place. Think this is a Clint Smith of Thunder ranch saying.

I like it, I only keep one firearm out of the safe and it's a 9mm.
    Would love to have the 12 gauge and 308 nearby but it's too much work to load long guns back into the safe whenever we get the urge to hop in the car and scoot to wallyworld..

YES even I only carry a Glock 40 cal pistola around locale.But on the road a 12 gauge shotgun.
    BUT NOT while I am hear working in California.I have to leave them in AZ the home of the free.Here you just take your unarmed chances.Look what happened in Fresno this week.NOT one armed person to stop the mass shooting.This is every day here in the Fresno area just one or more shooting on the news every day.This for a state with strict gun laws so NO ONE except the law breakers can defend them self.
    I do not understand why anyone would want to liver here.I was born and raised here and left when I turned 18 in 1953 because you never ask how stupid the state government was cause they would turn around and show you by give,give,give to people that did not want to work and TAX,TAX,TAX the ones that did and 64 years latter it is still the same.Since light travels faster than sound to some the state government appears bright until you hear them speak
    Just cause trouble comes visiting doesn't mean you have to offer it a place to sit down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12