Pw arms repo pu sniper

Thread: Pw arms repo pu sniper

frown Pw arms repo pu sniper

Just got a PW ARMS pu sniper built on 39 Tula receiver not ex sniper on trade for roughly $400.Rifle has real mounting plate and scope mount but the usual repop scope that they put on them.Bore is good and is not counterbored.Seems to be good shooter.Question is do I turn around and sell or hold on too?

If it shoots well enjoy it.
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

I'd say you got it for just under what a repro is worth, so if you were looking for a shooter you may as well hold on to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

A collector is worth what the market will bear, a shooter is worth what your enjoyment is worth while shooting it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why trade for it if you didn't want it?

Decent repro PUs sold for $499 at Big Five a few years back and usually shoot pretty well, so have fun.

Just clean it well after corrosive ammo.
    Last edited by Stalin's Ghost; 04-12-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

I picked up one of those repro PU snipers 'new in the box' from a dealer's table at a gun show about six years ago for $399.

The dealer had three of them to sell and allowed me a lot of leeway during my inspections of all three rifles. I picked the one I deemed to have the nicest bore.

$399 was well 'below retail' for them at the time so I figure I couldn't really lose much.

I used it to experiment with accurizing the rifle (It got shims, free floated the barrel, barrel wrap, etc.). This is something I wouldn't even dream of trying to do with an original PU, and I learned a lot doing it.

This rifle now shoots REALLY tight groups when I feed it good ammunition and I do my part. PU performance at a bargain basement price.

Enjoy it. You might also use it as a learning experience, as I did.