Somebody please talk me out of a Canik TP9SA... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody please talk me out of a Canik TP9SA...

I agree with DK. You should try the trigger on the V2 before you decide. I tried the SA and the SF and I liked the V2 the best of all. I bought a second V2 just because J&G had them so inexpensive and the newer one came with a much better holster. They got rid of the trigger finger Serpa holster they used to provide in favor of a friction type that is much better. This is the only gun I ever bought new that came with a real holster and ya can still get two of them for less then a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-Rube View Post
    Local place has them for 349 NIB....I have no need as I have 3 M9s/92FS here....but at that price with the reviews I am tempted to bring one or two home and stick in the safe.

Don't know that I will find them any cheaper than 349 new.

It's not a need but 18+1 capacity on a pistol that supposedly has a great trigger and is extremely accurate for that price has got me itching.

Any thoughts?
    Bill.
    Find a Ruger P95DC. Simple huh? Cheaper than a divorce lawyer.
    Blackie

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    Bill the v2 is sweet extra...tp9 single action sweet also...
    SF trigger least of the other two gritty ....
    It's fair to say I didn't work with it (moly) long before I traded it off....
    The color....melted tan fudge just got to me fast
    Aren't the V2s considerably higher than the SAs? I don't like the desert tan color on any firearm. If I lived in the desert I would probably love it.
    Freedom is far from free. Thank a U.S. Veteran.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

No difference in price for what I got $15 but bought almost a year apart.><> Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 1911SHOOTER View Post
    Bill.
    Find a Ruger P95DC. Simple huh? Cheaper than a divorce lawyer.
    Blackie
    I've had a couple of P95s through the years. Great pistols. But the prices these days are crazy. Aint seen a new one under 400 in forever. First one I had was without hiccup on 2000 rounds.

For the money the Canik is the bomb-diggity

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer35 View Post
    I agree with DK. You should try the trigger on the V2 before you decide. I tried the SA and the SF and I liked the V2 the best of all. I bought a second V2 just because J&G had them so inexpensive and the newer one came with a much better holster. They got rid of the trigger finger Serpa holster they used to provide in favor of a friction type that is much better. This is the only gun I ever bought new that came with a real holster and ya can still get two of them for less then a Glock.
    I looked around at all the local shops today...only SFs at Gander Mtn for 399; Academy had the SF in Tan for $349. SA in tan same price but with the goofy backwards holster. I ended up back at the shop where I bought the other one...they still had one black SA left for $339 so it's laid away. I will keep an eye out for the V2 in hopes of looking it over good. In the meantime, history says if I wait, the price will go up and only tan will be available. So I struck while the iron was hot.

Maybe later...v2.
    Other ones great to excellent shooters.

SF doesn't have hammer drop safety....

Decocker and a SA trigger. No thanks. Not for a carry gun.

Get the TP9 SA/DA. Or, better yet-- something else.

Decocker, double action, safer, neat, fast to shoot.

Well...it happened again. We have a Gander Mountain and an Academy about 40 miles away. Occasionally GM will run a decent sale. I have been toying with picking a TP9SF if I could find a deal. Looked at GM's online ad and they were running the SF for $319. Regularly 399. Academy runs them every day for 349.

$319 is pretty good for big chain retail. But there was a coupon for $20 off if you spend $100 or more.
    So, for $299 + tax and background I made the trip in just before they closed. These pistols are awesome even at full retail but at that kind of price I figured I'd be stupid not to buy one.

Bill they didn't have a V2?

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    Bill they didn't have a V2?
    I have not seen a V2 in any shops that I have visited. Gander, Academy and the local gun stores only carry the SA and SF versions. I'm keeping any eye peeled for a V2.

I believe the V2 may have been discontinued. That was the talk in a Canik Facebook group I joined. They said they are expecting a new model to replace it. It's probably why J&G discounted them so deep. I think they still have them for 289, not as cheap as the 279 I paid for my spare one but still a great deal and the new holster is much better as well.

Wow the v2 was new in its self...the best idea.

Prices above $400 are everywhere....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12