Gunboards Forums banner

East India Co Pattern F and French M1842T Rifle Musket

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  brcampbe 
#1 ·
Shot both of these yesterday, one is an untouched East India Company Pattern F musket from IMA in .75 cal from the Nepal cache, and the other is a French Liege M1842T rifle musket from the US Civil War I bought from an estate auction in VA last summer. Both looked like hell when I got them and are back to firing condition. The French musket is surprising accurate and would have been a choice musket, with round ball it was putting all of them into an 8" circle at 50yds with 120gr charges.

#4 ·
Pardon my curiosity but I'm somewhat surprized by the extremely short laps of time between the shouldering and the shot going off. IMHO there couldn't be enough time to realy aim to get accuracy. Just to prove I somewhat know what I'm speaking about hereby some old (I too was young once :)) medals about BP shooting.

Attachments

#5 ·
You'd be surprised, it does not take me long to line up my sights. I have a lot of experience with CQB, reflexive fire, and transition drills from the US Army so this type of shooting is not new to me. Yes I'm a little fatter now, but I can still shoot fairly well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.