Loooooong Trigger Pull...

Thread: Loooooong Trigger Pull...

Default Loooooong Trigger Pull...

I spent about 100 rounds with my Bulgarian this weekend and have discovered that in double action only, the tigger pull was exceedingly long. I would say the hammer didn't fall until the trigger was darn near pulled all the way back, and with little tension. In single action possibly 1/2" prior to break. I need some help taking care of this and appreciate all feedback. Thanks

That has all the symptoms of a hammer spring thinned by Bubba. Jaws you've probably been around here long enough to have seen a thread on this - thinning the waist on the hammer spring to lighten trigger pull was briefly in vogue. It results in a lighter, longer pull and may cause the spring to fail in time.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Yeah 5 minutes and a new spring should make it much better.
    Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ---- Josey Wales

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by North Bender View Post
    That has all the symptoms of a hammer spring thinned by Bubba. Jaws you've probably been around here long enough to have seen a thread on this - thinning the waist on the hammer spring to lighten trigger pull was briefly in vogue. It results in a lighter, longer pull and may cause the spring to fail in time.
    When you say thinned what exactly do you mean? Thanks

The edges on the spring may have been ground at the waist to make the spring narrower - I guess "thinner" may have been misleading. It could be that Bubba didn't have his way with it and the spring is just weak. Like lee1959 said it's inexpensive to swap out the spring and I'd do that first.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.