Homeguard CG80 Sniper Rifle

Thread: Homeguard CG80 Sniper Rifle

Default Homeguard CG80 Sniper Rifle

This rifle is being offered at the next Walter Borg auction in Sweden. It's a Swedish sniper variation I haven't seen before. Supposedly only 30 were made for the Homeguard according to the auction description. Looks very cool I think! I used Google to translate the description from Swedish to English.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Walter Borg Auction CG80 308 Sniper.JPG   Walter Borg Auction CG80 Sniper Description.JPG  

swede is online now Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member

Default fm/90

That is similar to the fm/90 prototype sniper rifle in 7.62x51 NATO caliber with Swarovski 6x40 scope & threaded muzzle . Never adopted . SARCO had several of these for sale a few years ago . I do not remember the price , but I think maybe $6000 . Does anyone else remember the correct price ? SARCO had several sets of the mount & rings for sale as well . Got a set , but never made a project out of them . The base wraps around the receiver & is screwed in on top of the receiver . That tightens up the action because of the thumb cutout in the receiver , or at least that was the idea . The stock needs relief for the base . I will see if I can find photos ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc02021.jpg   dsc02024.jpg   dsc02026.jpg   dsc02027.jpg   dsc02028.jpg   dsc02018.jpg  

dsc02018.jpg   dsc02019.jpg  
    Last edited by swede; 04-08-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Swedish Contract P51d Mustang

swede is online now Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member

Default fm/90 mount & rings

Here is the mount , which would be a difficult machining job at the least !!!!!!!!!!! With this base , you can only load one round at a time into the magazine well , since the base covers up the charging guide .

Rings are ready made Mannlicher type .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fm90 #5 001.jpg   fm90 #6 001.jpg   fm90 #1 001.jpg   fm90 #2 001.jpg   fm90 #3 001.jpg   fm90 #4 001.jpg  

Swedish Contract P51d Mustang

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

I want to say that the base was around $250 and rings were another $200??? I only remember the price range of the base because I was a broke college student at the time and I remember I just wanted to buy a base and make a clone of one later. At the time, the price was acceptable for me, but I didn't pull the trigger.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Looking closer at the bipod mount, I think it's mounted to the front of the stock and not to the barrel. That would make more sense for accuracy.
    Hard to tell for sure, but the hardware on the barrel looks like a scope ring mounted with the clamp side up. Not sure why though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CG80 Sniper Bipod Mount.JPG  

What's it worth?