Thread: Navy Arms TU-90

Default Navy Arms TU-90

Any opinions on these? Any known major problems? About the same as most Tokarev copies?

Thanks for any info.

Tom

It's a basic Norinco Tokarev. Should work fine. Check to see if it uses the narrow mags or the standard mags. If there is a spacer in the mag then it is a standard mag it the spacer is in the grip then it is a narrow mag. I do not know if you can remove the spacer from the grip and then use standard mags.

I have the NAVY ARMS TU-90, in 7.62x25, some of them came in 9mm. They are actually commercial clones of the TOKAGYPT. I have had zero problem with mine, it a well made pistol, it takes standard military Tokerev mags for the x25. I believe for the 9mm, they have a different follower, in the Tokerev mag
    Last edited by SfcRet; 11-08-2008 at 07:47 PM.

My own TU90 is stamped for both 7.62 and 9mm and would have come with 2 barrels and probably the spaced mag and a regular mag. I got it used with only the 9mm barrel and regular 7.62 mags. The mag worked fine but the barrel has some problems or posibly the link and pin but the gun would some times lockup half open and not eject the empty.It would take some pounding to get it come loose. It may have been the link pin which was not staked and could drift about. The barrel is made of fairly soft stainless and has nicks at the back of the chamber and the crown. I got a very nice blued 7.62 barrel with it's own link and pin and have never had another problem. The fit and finnishis not near as good as the Polish or Romanian and I did not like the wrap around grips as much but it is a good shooter.
    Every day is an adventure of one sort or another, if you live, you learn.

Thanks for the input. There is one "out there" sitting at $99 right now, in
    9mm with one mag. It is listed as "fair" condition. I am tempted, but I may have to pass.

Thanks again!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by engravertom View Post
    Thanks for the input. There is one "out there" sitting at $99 right now, in
    9mm with one mag. It is listed as "fair" condition. I am tempted, but I may have to pass.

Thanks again!

Tom
    I'll take it if you don't. Please give me the info!!