Gunboards Forums banner

Auto mag 22mag pistol gunshow find today

856 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  junker 
#1 ·
This is the short one you dont see very often,near new cond.,couple scratches that would polish out on slide, one mag,399.00 how did I do?I have heard a lot of these jam,hope this one dosent,what is a good brand of ammo to use in these?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think you did really well. As far as jamming goes my longer model will jam on occasion and I've tried all different brands of ammo. You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you. Have fun and realize every time you touch this off you'll probably shut down the range as the report is something else.
Jim

#4 ·
Thanks Guys for the info!I was just talking to my brother and he says polish the feed ramp with a q tip and Mothers mag polish and it smooths it out and feeds better,if needed.He said these are tanks,solid stainless steel and are well made.He did it to an AMT 380 back up that had feed problems,he said it feeds like a dream now,good to know!

#6 ·
Thanks for the info!I think I will keep this one,I showed this to a dealer friend after I bought it at the show,he said a guy brought a 50cal auto mag in the box with 2 mags like new before I got there and wanted to sell it,like the one Dirty Harry had!Well this dealer goes by the blue book,it booked for 800.00 in 95% cond. so that's what he offered,guy wouldn't take it.Wow I would have offered him 1200.00 if I had been standing there! Those are very hard to find .Anyway the guy left and said he might put it on Gunbroker,bet if he does it will bring 2k or more.Damn !You cant always be in the right place at the right time !

#10 ·
Will bring what it brings. If the dealer offered Blue Book, then he was planning on getting more for it, suggesting the dealer believes Blue book is significantly low. Maybe.

Note - I'm pretty sure the Dirty Harry movie that featured an Automag used a .44 automag, not a .50.

#7 ·
Took the automag out today and shot 50 rounds of winchester superX HP ammo that I had through it, functioned perfectly and pretty accurate,now I need to clean it.This is a great well made pistol IMO,wont be selling this one.DK will try some Fed mags when I can find some and see if the accuracy improves some thanks for the tip.This one fed the hollow points fine which kind of surprised me,thanks for the info on the ammo metrotps,it does like win superX 40g.

#8 ·
Glad to hear you got to shoot it and it functions well. Take down cleaning can be a real adventure. Lock the slide back and pull a bore snake through it after cleaning the breach area. That will usually suffice.

#11 ·
Thanks guys!Yeah clyde maybe Dirty Harrys was a 44 mag not sure need to watch the movie again.metrotps,yeah I did tear this down after watching a you tube video when I first got the pistol,yeah you are right, not easy,it has to be done just right,I guess I did it right as it shot great after.Dont recommend doing that though unless you have to.I just took your advice and sprayed it down and bore snaked it this time.

#13 ·
Love my 6 " model . My instruction manual for mine recommended NOT to use CCI , something about them using "Flake" powder, and clogging the "gas ports" , the little holes around the chamber . Look at the brass after you shoot it, you will see what I mean . I have never had much of a problem taking it down, pretty much like a .45 Auto , still easier then my AMT LIGHTNING !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.