Help appreciated on HVA Carl Gustaf rifle

Thread: Help appreciated on HVA Carl Gustaf rifle

Default Help appreciated on HVA Carl Gustaf rifle

Moved to Vancouver Island and finding my trusty 7mm husky a bit heavy on these small island blacktail deer I've been getting into. I am going for something around a .243 or .270 so the husky is going up for sale but I don't have a solid idea of what its worth. I've seen anywhere between $800 to $1200 bucks mentioned. It has a 2 to 7 leupold on it.

I "think" I have a 1900 grade II magnum...?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifle1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	331.6 KB 
ID:	2126226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifle 2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	336.0 KB 
ID:	2126234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifle3.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	309.2 KB 
ID:	2126242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rifle4.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	2126250

Welcome jwarton. You have a very nice rifle but, this a bad time of year to be selling. I doubt you could get $800 until closer to hunting season. Your problem is solvable if you handload, you could load down to 7x57 velocities which would be stellar for your small deer. If you do not handload, you could buy Hornady Custom Lite ammo which is advertised 2800 fps muzzle velocity. All that said, far be it from me to talk you out of a new rifle.;-)

The running price in Canada usually is between 750.00 $ and 850.00 $, 900.00 $ being the top for a 1900 in common chambering.
    And yes, it seems you have a Grade II.
    Coagula / Solve

Baribal; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baribal

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Thanks JDL, appreciate the the input and yes I'm kinda looking forward to a new rifle, can't afford to do it without selling the husky. I like the idea of the new lighter rifles as I'm getting to be an old fart and this country is pretty rugged to hunt in, a lot different than the prairie I'm used to...

Baribal I think your right on the mark for what i'm seeing for pricing, nice to have you guys as experts confirm that for me.

Cheers

Not sure exactly what condition yours is in - however I have personally sold three 1900's in Alberta, two Grade II's, and one Swede Deluxe....all three mint+, the Grade II .270 looked unfired and sold easily for $1,500. I sold a Grade II .35-06 in mint condition for $1,400 with little effort. The Swede sold for much higher.. All without scopes or slings...

Unless your stock is damaged or other issues present a concern I feel that you should get $1,200-1400 quite easily, perhaps more if a bidding war ensues. I would ask $1,500. These rifles are fewer and far in between now. Those collectors/shooters who want them know this.

Post it on Canadian Gun Nutz. Being a 7mm you just might be pleasantly surprised!

Bought a Gustaf Monte Carlo standard from TEC in last 12 months and happily paid less than $1200. No scope, mounts or sling. One of my better shooters now!

Welcome you have a winner.><> Daniel,