1939 Non refurb Tula Finn Capture

Thread: 1939 Non refurb Tula Finn Capture

Default 1939 Non refurb Tula Finn Capture

I've been looking for a Finn capture for quite a while now. Only issue with this one is the crack in the stock. I'd assume it's the original because it faintly bears the Tula stamp/date on the buttstock. I love the color of this one. What's your thoughts on the repair? I got mixed reviews on whether it's an arsenal repair or not. It still has most of it's Tula parts still on it except for a few parts. It has a Remington bolt body. Also seems E.T. Owned this at one point..lol
    I'm pretty happy with this one especially getting it for $200.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice Winter War capture. Simply my opinion but the Finnish typically did a beautiful job on repairs. Where that repair is I'm not sure I'd fire this rifle. Regardless, you've got a nice example of history.
    Richard

Thank you. I believe this one will just be a safe queen. If I do get the urge to shoot it I'll prob throw a crappy stock on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Now THAT is a rifle any mosin collector can be proud of! And for $200, what a score! Really good pictures, too!

But, shooting it with that stock? I'm glad you know better, it's still a mighty fine safe queen, and a superb example of Finn historical artifact.

Thank you I really appreciate that. I really dig the non refurbs. They have so much character and scars. They are just too cool. This is my second non refurb both Tulas too. 38 and 39.

My 39 Tula Finn capture is one of my favorites. The balance and "handiness" of the rifle seems to be markedly different from my mid-WWII 91/30s. Pretty too, but then it was my first rifle, so sentimentality has undoubtedly swayed me. McAuslan

Very nice. The non-refurb's are my favorite as well. Especially when they bear many of their (seemingly) original parts.

Yeah I'm a big fan of the non refurbs. They still bare so many battle scars. I need to add a few more to my collection.

Nice looking Finn Capture Vasily Zaytsev thanks for the pics. Love these rifles. I used to frequent the Bullet Stop whenever I had company business in Wichita. The company I worked for was founded there, and the membership at the Bullet Hole in Overland Park (lived in Lenexa) was good there. I have a finn capture '39 Tula also.....a little different than yours. Took for ever to find this one. Denny
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01170.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	2140402Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01186.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	2140434

Thank you. I like bullet stop I usually go to bullseye though. That's prob the cleanest fin capture I've ever seen. Very nice man. I hate those stupid billboard import marks. Why couldn't they stick with the discreet ones under the muzzle..

I think the reason for the split stock in the O.P. is because the rear of the tang is in contact with the wood.
    Mine was split like that when I got it. I glued and pegged it as in the O.P. Has been fired now a good deal and nothing nasty happened to it, And, the barrel is getting cleaner all the time. :-)

Very nice rifle Vasily!!

Denny's rifle looks so clean because it's a recapture that was refurbed post-war by the Russians. Pretty unusual find.
    "You mean to say you don't know me? I'm Antti Rokka. A farmer from the Isthmus. At the moment I sell bullets."

Vasily, that's a cool rifle. I like the Finn owner's initials. He probably took this brand new rifle and put his government issued M91 aside.

Daniel39

Thanks I appreciate that.

Pukka Bundook I believe your right. I've seen many people repair their cracks with glue and work great. Not sure I'll do that with this one though.

Mike O I didn't even notice that. That is a rare find dang..

Daniel 39 I've always wanted one with trench art or something the owner did during war or whatever. I'm really digging this new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasily Zaytsev View Post
    Thanks I appreciate that.

Pukka Bundook I believe your right. I've seen many people repair their cracks with glue and work great. Not sure I'll do that with this one though.

Mike O I didn't even notice that. That is a rare find dang..

Daniel 39 I've always wanted one with trench art or something the owner did during war or whatever. I'm really digging this new one.

That's so cool. If we only could track these people down.