Quality C&R Firearm Youtube Channel - C&RSENAL

Thread: Quality C&R Firearm Youtube Channel - C&RSENAL

Default Quality C&R Firearm Youtube Channel - C&RSENAL

I know some of you guys have probably seen this channel before, but the quality C&R video content in this guy's videos is extremely high (at least the newer ones are). He has yet to cover Mosin Nagants, but has many episodes on some rather obscure pieces that don't get much coverage on forums or other channels. Some go one for over an hour like his recent specials on Lee-Enfields and the Romanian M93 Mannlicher. If you haven't seen any of his videos I highly recommend you check him out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClq...aNovUUy0SiSDOQ

Great recommendation and Othais is a member here. He is doing great work especially for guys like me that don't buy the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry, we will be covering the Mosins, just have some other pieces to tackle first.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mae_Winchester View Post
    Don't worry, we will be covering the Mosins, just have some other pieces to tackle first.

Didn't know you guys were on here, that's great!! Love the channel!!
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

They'll always be a empty chair at the gunshows for you buddy.

Thanks! I just joined but Othais has been a regular since before the show. Back then when collecting was just a hobby, seems so long ago now haha!

I might have run across him on here and never even paid attention! I have the greek M-S vid playing in the background
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

Nice! Loved those Greeks, they have some of the smoothest actions of the war.

A number of users here were involved in the past few episodes. Nick shared his homework and tplan his rifles! Just gotta keep borrowing the rare and wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Othais View Post
    A number of users here were involved in the past few episodes. Nick shared his homework and tplan his rifles! Just gotta keep borrowing the rare and wonderful.
    When you get to mosins there's a load of folks here who I'm sure will lend a hand as well!
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

How does one make a contribution?
    Just finished watching GEW 88 and 98. Very nice.

It is a great channel. Extremely informative. Great work!
    Mosin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by JoeACTM View Post
    How does one make a contribution?
    Just finished watching GEW 88 and 98. Very nice.
    Financially we are dependent on Patreon.

Guns wise, we pay for shipping and insurance both ways for loaners, plus eternal thanks. Except MGs. For those we can either take them on a repair ticket and use them while testing or we can make a road trip.

It is kind of a big project full of rare guns so we rely on collectors and museums.

The mosin is on the backburner in hopes of a 1907 appearing

I don't know if you guys have been doing this yet, but I would suggest posting your videos in the various related sub forums to drive some new viewers. Some of the older users that frequent the boards might not spend much time on YouTube or other social media sites so this could help you increase your audience and potentially your loaner/patreon base. Great show by the way, its probably my favorite firearms related show out there right now!

I always fear spamming up boards. Plus I'm kinda bad at "look at me"

Not bad, but the guy tends to focus on obscure firearms. Not saying it's BAD, as it's often hard to find information on these guns, but he's not necessarily the best information source for common milsurps. He also seems to keyword spam so searching for a particular video in his channel is a pain as it'll turn up tons of irrelevant results.
    Last edited by WardenWolf; 04-12-2017 at 06:02 AM.

For example, I was able to find it on youtube by following the link, but I do not hunt youtube for stuff to watch and I have no idea what patreon is or how to use it to make a financial contribution.

Fantastic series! Singlehandedly got me interested in C&R long guns! Found the Carcano episode when I was doing research for a relative that inherited a M91/24. I was hooked after that, and spent the next 2 weeks bing watching! Became a Patreon supporter last month.
    Can't wait for the 2 - 3 episodes on the Mosin! Hope the Finns make an appearance! Swiss Schmidt-Rubins, as well.
    Oh, and Hi to Othais & Mae
    Last edited by BobInNJ; 04-12-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Additional info

Othais, you say you guys are in need of a 1907 mosin? I'm sure there's a few here who would loan you one for filming, thing is you might have to beg and plead!
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

Quote Originally Posted by WardenWolf View Post
    Not bad, but the guy tends to focus on obscure firearms. Not saying it's BAD, as it's often hard to find information on these guns, but he's not necessarily the best information source for common milsurps. He also seems to keyword spam so searching for a particular video in his channel is a pain as it'll turn up tons of irrelevant results.
    Locking into WWI has meant not doing the most accessible collectable arms, there are only a dozen or so "common" guns in the market from that period do to interwar changes.

I am sorry you have had trouble finding episodes but we definitely do not keyword spam. As a matter of fact I have avoided overwrought descriptions for that reason. I think the fact that we have limited content so far likely leads to a pile up.

Perhaps Youtube's search is just screwing up, then.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeACTM View Post
    For example, I was able to find it on youtube by following the link, but I do not hunt youtube for stuff to watch and I have no idea what patreon is or how to use it to make a financial contribution.
    https://www.patreon.com/CandRsenal Basically Patreon allows people to "subscribe" to an artist or creator of their choice for anything from $1 and up. We opted for this early in the series because our long-format video meant low numbers on YouTube. So voluntary subscription is the only way we can keep it going. Thankfully it's been successful. Our Patron donations to overall viewers ratio is one of the highest out there and has made a very ambitious and expensive project a possibility, although I'm far from a regular paycheck for the effort. So long as I don't run into crazy debt or blow out my family I'm going to stay with it though. I really like the idea of pushing for a "complete" picture and I'm piggybacking a book on top of the video series. So even for the guns we can't shoot I'm trying to find examples to photograph.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobInNJ View Post
    Fantastic series! Singlehandedly got me interested in C&R long guns! Found the Carcano episode when I was doing research for a relative that inherited a M91/24. I was hooked after that, and spent the next 2 weeks bing watching! Became a Patreon supporter last month. Can't wait for the 2 - 3 episodes on the Mosin! Hope the Finns make an appearance! Swiss Schmidt-Rubins, as well. Oh, and Hi to Othais & Mae
    Thank you. Sadly we're staying tight with WWI for now. After we get through the primary series we'll spread out.

Great channel Othais, I started the video on the Greek rifles, saw it was pretty long so decided to jump
    on the treadmill and walk for a while while I watched (am usually adverse to exercise but have recently decided to give my cardio-vascular system some much needed help..) and the time went by so quick I was amazed. I had no interest in anything Greek except perhaps M1 Garand returns, now I want a 1903/14! BTW, who is Mae? I guess if I went back and did some research I'd know but she knows her way around these rifles at 75 yards, very impressive. And her feedback is great. Just joined Full30 and will visit Patreon, that
    kind of research and information needs to be supported. Thanks for all the time and work that channel takes.
    Best
    Bruce
    Last edited by oldguitars; 04-12-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Othais, love watching your channel and the guns you present. Mae does a great job of shooting and telling her experiences with them, She is more grounded than a lot of shooters I know. Keep up the good work both of you. I also enjoy your tie in with The Great War series. As far as a threat to Ian I say the more the merrier, I enjoy watching you both. Just wish I had an unusual gun to contribute with, but all mine are common garden variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho Gringo View Post
    Othais, love watching your channel and the guns you present. Mae does a great job of shooting and telling her experiences with them, She is more grounded than a lot of shooters I know. Keep up the good work both of you. I also enjoy your tie in with The Great War series. As far as a threat to Ian I say the more the merrier, I enjoy watching you both. Just wish I had an unusual gun to contribute with, but all mine are common garden variety.

Thanks! The shooting I've been doing since I was about 5, the on camera part took some getting used to.

I fell in love with your channel following Ian's mention of it on Forgotten Weapons a couple of months back. Needles to say, I subscribed to your Patreon account very soon thereafter!

All in all, it is thoughtful and thoroughly entertaining content presented in a low-key and self-deprecatingly dry format by some very clever people! Two thumbs up Othais and Mae - you've got a lifelong fan here.

I also enjoy Anvil, and have learned a lot there too. Mark gets the Patreon tick of approval from me as well...

Keep up the good work Othais, Mae & Mark - I hope that I can buy you all a beer one day

Quote Originally Posted by Othais View Post
    I always fear spamming up boards. Plus I'm kinda bad at "look at me"

C&Rsenal and The Great War are my favorite channels on YouTube. I've been a patron of both for short while and urge anyone who loves what they are doing to chip in a buck or 5 a month. </unpaid and honest plug>
    Build a man a fire and you warm him for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life.~ Terry Pratchett

Thank you both, I am just glad people are willing to support some long form gun history. Hopefully the show brings in a new generation of collectors and researchers.

Othais & Mae, I religiously watch your channel (along with Forgotten Weapons,Capandball, Britishmuzzleloaders, Duelist1854, JoergSprave and others). I support you and Ian via Patreon because you do weapons history in exactly the detailed, in-depth fashion that I had always wanted from television programs and have always been disappointed. Thank you for what you provide me because I watch it - even if I am not all that interested in the particular weapon featured, I still learn from your episodes. Keep them coming and don't stress too much.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    Othais & Mae, I religiously watch your channel (along with Forgotten Weapons,Capandball, Britishmuzzleloaders, Duelist1854, JoergSprave and others). I support you and Ian via Patreon because you do weapons history in exactly the detailed, in-depth fashion that I had always wanted from television programs and have always been disappointed. Thank you for what you provide me because I watch it - even if I am not all that interested in the particular weapon featured, I still learn from your episodes. Keep them coming and don't stress too much.

Alan

Thank you for the support! We may be doing the leg work but without ya'll's support this show wouldn't be doable. Seriously, thank you.

Stumbled upon your channel via TheGreatWar a while back. To say I am jealous of the neat guns he educates us on is a bit of an understatement.

Keep up the great work.
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post

Alan
    I am going to echo this, I watch every video you guys do, often more then one time....great in depth content, you and Ian are the only gun channels that I support.

I do have one question....are Mae and Othais related?.....tell me to pound sand if you want but you two seem brother and sister or something.

Othais, did you know all of your primer videos are flagged as restricted on YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Mae_Winchester View Post
    Thanks! I just joined but Othais has been a regular since before the show. Back then when collecting was just a hobby, seems so long ago now haha!
    I like when you shot the T- Gewehr (and other rifles) and the expression on your face makes me laugh. When I shoot my SVTs and magnums I have the same look, WOW ! that was great. Nothing beats that feeling...well maybe.