P83's at Gander Mountain under $200 before tax

Thread: P83's at Gander Mountain under $200 before tax

Default P83's at Gander Mountain under $200 before tax

Check the used guns section of the site. $229.99. Comes with 2 magazines. Promo code APRIL15 takes 15% off. Free shipping if you pick up from store.

Already have a P83 but I couldn't pass this deal up.

Yes that is pretty decent, do they sell the 9x18 ammo at your Gander, they don't here.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Chattanooga GM is closing it's doors fo-evah. Price last I looked was near 3 bills, this was before the store closing was announced. Wonder if they would ship to a closing store? The store isn't participating in the national sales due to closeout pricing, which is generally across the board category pricing, so sometimes hit or miss on specific item sales.

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

$195 shipped. Couldn't resist. Thanks.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Gander Mountain is going out of storefront business. They may retain some mail order business, if they survive. They have filed for bankruptcy.
    And we didn't blow up, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by limpetmine View Post
    Gander Mountain is going out of storefront business. They may retain some mail order business, if they survive. They have filed for bankruptcy.
    I don't think that's entirely correct. They are only closing stores in certain markets as I understand it.

SlimTim

I picked one of these up at the local Gander with a President's Day coupon and was out the door for about $190. Hate shooting the P-83 though. The hammer has me bleeding in a hurry, but who cares, it is under the seat of my car easy to grab and use if I had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_154810_HDR.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	2155706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_154830_HDR.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	2155714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170418_154956_HDR.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	2155722FYI: Ordered Friday and in store for pickup Tuesday. All matching with etched last three inside the grips and good enough for $207 out the door. It does have the CAI import mark on the right side. Excuse the quick, indoor pixs.Attachment 2154994Attachment 2155002Attachment 2155010

Pictures originally posted as "insert" during a quick reply. Now under "edit post" it seems to show during preview. It may be some issue with the "quick reply" insertion of pictures ?
    Last edited by ubich; 04-18-2017 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Attempt to fix pix

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

The now pretty common problem with photo attachments has struck again. The pictures don't come up.

Try them now Ronbo6.
    I think maybe the "Post Quick Reply" insert image button just places them as attachments (that don't work well) while the "Edit Post" insert button actually "inserts." The photos as just attachments did show up when I first posted. Who knows.

Got mine today as well. Looks good. Very similar to the hand select I got from J&G a couple years back. Holster is pretty rough.. But certainly no biggie. Worst part was the wait at the store.. I had ordered a gun from their website last year and picked up in the store and it was exactly the same. Well over a half hour process easily just to get out the door. Ended up taking 3 people to get it all squared away. Ridiculous. Otherwise everyone working there was nice. Just typical corporate bureaucracy I suppose.

Was on their website today and looks like their typical $25 S&H charge is back for all firearms. 15% off is still good thru Saturday.

Any chance they will be declared C&Rs by this Administration?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

"Brave men tell the truth, a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles. A woman holds her tongue, knowing silence will speak for her"--Royksopp

I wouldn't count on it. Not being C&R is one of the main reasons these pistols aren't really moving that fast.

I bought from Sportsman's Guide around Christmas for 189 and it came with 2 mags and looks almost new. It was in much better shape then the Makarov for 199 I bought. Here is a pic.

Attachment 2160154

I haven't cleaned it of had it to the range yet but it won't be long now the weather is getting nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2 View Post
    Got mine today as well. Looks good. Very similar to the hand select I got from J&G a couple years back. Holster is pretty rough.. But certainly no biggie. Worst part was the wait at the store.. I had ordered a gun from their website last year and picked up in the store and it was exactly the same. Well over a half hour process easily just to get out the door. Ended up taking 3 people to get it all squared away. Ridiculous. Otherwise everyone working there was nice. Just typical corporate bureaucracy I suppose.
    Tommy2
    Happens every time I go into GM. They make me fill out the form on their computer, and then a second time on paper. And it took three people.
    Only reason I put up with it was a special on a gun I wanted. I bought a RIA Baby Rock, and took me close to an hour.
    Blackie

I bought two of them when Wideners had them for $200 shipped. Both are excellent condition, and good shooters. One is my carry gun sometimes.

I bought one from Gander around a month ago and it was pretty rough. The bore was perfect but it had pretty bad holster wear.

The P 83 is a pretty crude pistol compared to a Makarov, however, mine shoots accurately and reliably . The pistol is a good one for carry in a belted flap holster as it is a bit heavy and certainly was not designed for concealed carry with all it's sharp corners.
    I studied the pistol to see how it was manufactured and I give the Poles credit by bending and welding steel they made a neat shooter

Quote Originally Posted by ibmikey View Post
    The P 83 is a pretty crude pistol compared to a Makarov, however, mine shoots accurately and reliably . The pistol is a good one for carry in a belted flap holster as it is a bit heavy and certainly was not designed for concealed carry with all it's sharp corners.
    I studied the pistol to see how it was manufactured and I give the Poles credit by bending and welding steel they made a neat shooter
    I disagree. I find the P-83 a more modern design, and little more comfortable to carry concealed than my Bulgarian Makarov which I also carry. I don't mind the spur hammer, in fact I prefer it. To each their own I guess. I don't know what "sharp corners" you are speaking of.

By sharp corners I was referring to the blunt edges of the muzzle end of slide, very sharp notch in slide for sharp cornered sheet metal slide stop and the hammer itself. Not an issue if carried in the flap holster but my pistol is like new and these areas are "sharp". I do not carry my Commie pistols ( although a heck of a lot of folks do---happily) prefering a Sig P 938 SAS ( Sig Anti Snag) 9mm. Also I would need to retrain my brain if carrying the pistol with safety on ( which I probably would not) because it is backwards from pistols I carried in my L E career ( again not carried with safety on but used as a decocker).
    To me the P 83 is a neat pistol of unusual manufacture that I enjoy shooting.

The one I got from gander is a shooter.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
    I don't think that's entirely correct. They are only closing stores in certain markets as I understand it.

SlimTim
    This was my understanding too. But, yesterday I got an email (since I'm on their list from previous purchases) saying all 126 outlets nationwide were closing. Looking at their website pops up the same notice, so no luck buying online. Anyone else tried their site recently? Bought out by Camping World.

That is correct, started hearing the rumors last week, announced this week the entire chain of retail stores are closing.

SlimTim

Superb guns.
    The only disadvantage might be that they were produced to only use the 83's proprietary mags. Too bad they can't accept Makarov mags.

My 83s are as rock solid and reliable as all of my actual Maks.
    And the 83's DA trigger is better than on many Maks, in my opinion. Only a little bit heavier initial (DA) pull but very consistent.