picked up a turkish /BRNO VZ22 from Empire Arms

Thread: picked up a turkish /BRNO VZ22 from Empire Arms

Default picked up a turkish /BRNO VZ22 from Empire Arms

Just unboxed it yesterday. Very impressed with the wood and metal.

Ran an oil dampened patch down the bore and was rewarded with a mirror bright bore, crisp rifling that was only a hair dark. Subsequent passes with hippes and a bronze brush improved the rifling even more. Bright light in bolt showed a Cosmo coated chamber, cleaned with a mop, pristine chamber and lead. Crown and muzzle fine as well.

Hope to shoot it tomorrow. Cleaning bolt in mineral spirits now, it was full of clean Cosmo.

Pics when I get to a PC.
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

You'll be pleased with its performance. Virtually identical with the expensive 98/29

Quote Originally Posted by Bohanan66 View Post
    You'll be pleased with its performance. Virtually identical with the expensive 98/29
    The 98.29 would be the Persians right?

If i dont work tomorrow I may take tho one for a test drive!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Yup. Model 98/29 are the Persian contract rifles that are selling for more than $500 these days.

finally some pictures, as requested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turkr.jpg  

Had a 98/22 a few years ago that shot cast bullets extremely well. Wishing I'd kept it.

Cool rifle, I would have grabbed this too but I'm always late seeing Dennis' emails!

Quote Originally Posted by toolness1 View Post
    Cool rifle, I would have grabbed this too but I'm always late seeing Dennis' emails!

I got lucky and checked my email about 5 minutes after it came in. I notice 2 rifles had already sold!

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy View Post
    I got lucky and checked my email about 5 minutes after it came in. I notice 2 rifles had already sold!
    besides the gunboards trade, I never see prices as good as Dennis. we don't have anyone around here who collects and our gun stores are a total joke, so are the gun shows.

so, it's really nice to have access thru those two options. I've gotten probably 8 or 10 firearms from Dennis. always been pleased with what I get.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toolness1 View Post
    besides the gunboards trade, I never see prices as good as Dennis. we don't have anyone around here who collects and our gun stores are a total joke, so are the gun shows.

so, it's really nice to have access thru those two options. I've gotten probably 8 or 10 firearms from Dennis. always been pleased with what I get.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Yup.. I hate buying guns site unseen.. that's why I like shows.. but prices at shows and local gun stores have been so high lately. With Empire arms, I tend to treat those like I'm personally looking at them. DK takes good pictures, and puts a real conservative honest evaluation of the gun. I've never been disappointed with what I got from him.

E-series rifle, contract-made for Turkey circa 1925~. This example had the Turk rear sight leaf numbers ground off and re-stamped with Western-type numbers, probably after 1929. Congratulations on your purchase.

I'm thoroughly enjoying mine.