Gunboards Forums banner

Mauser Crests

51K views 183 replies 44 participants last post by  Skyhawk72k 
#1 ·
Dallased: "John, Bill and others showing off their examples of Mauser craftsmanship. Doesn't get much better than this. Might be time for another Mauser crest thread."

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Post 2

Attachments

#4 · (Edited)
Post 4

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Post 5

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Post 6

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
Post 7

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Post 8

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
Post 9

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Post 10

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
Post 11

Everyone please post more photos.

Attachments

G
#15 · (Edited)
You have an amazing amount of them. I will just try and fill in and any that can be upgraded. Feel free to add them to your library.

1909 Peruvian Long

1908 Uruguay Long Dated 1910

1935 Chilean Carbine

1924/30 Venezuelan

24/30 Venezuelan is in the White despite how picture above looks. Will take new one tomorrow.

The K98k aren't really crests per se but I saw some were posted so here are some others

1940 660 Steyr

1944 dou Bystrica

1939 147 JP Sauer Norwegian .30-06

#14 · (Edited)
I struggled to find any of mine that you have not already posted Bill - and you may have presented these but I missed them - you posted so many!
Yugoslav 1924b

Yugoslav M90t

Yugoslav m24/52c

Turkish 1903/37 short rifle

Swedish m96/38 Mauser Oberndorf contract

Greek YII 1930

KAR 98a

And probably my favorite- Persian m49

Oops - forgot the Spanish M43

This one is a Mauser north of the receiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Mauser hybrid - Portuguese Mauser Vergueiro.

#22 ·
I struggled to find any of mine that you have not already posted Bill - and you may have presented these but I missed them - you posted so many!

This one is a Mauser north of the receiver

Another Mauser hybrid - Portuguese Mauser Vergueiro.
The last two are not really Mausers. Unfortunately I have only a few photos of my non-Mauser crests.

Attachments

G
#21 ·
What is that?

I must have one in addition the the Belgian, Dutch, Dutch Indies (IOB) Guatemalan, Costa Rican, Mexican, Greek, Ethiopian, and I'm sure there are others. It seems never ending. I started collecting FN-49 Rifles too because of the crests. I have all the imported ones except the original Egyptian.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#24 ·
The two "non Mausers" I posted are indeed "part Mauser". The Portuguese 1903 has a Mauser magazine system. The m95m has a Mauser magazine system and m1924 barrel.

I would also classify your eddystone as a Mauser.

And this one

#25 ·
The two "non Mausers" I posted are indeed "part Mauser". The Portuguese 1903 has a Mauser magazine system. The m95m has a Mauser magazine system and m1924 barrel.

I would also classify your eddystone as a Mauser.

And this one

Kinda/sorta. And my Chinese Shanxi 6-5 Infantry Rifle is an authorized copy (built on Japanese tooling in China) of an early Japanese Type 38, which is a Mauser derivative.

G
#26 ·
Eddystone? Type 38? Now we are grasping. However what about Brazilian M954 and M968?

Here is a M968 that I kick myself for not buying. I believe it is rebuilt from a previous Mauser. Others I am sure know better.

#27 · (Edited)
Eddystone? Type 38? Now we are grasping. However what about Brazilian M954 and M968?

Here is a M968 that I kick myself for not buying. I believe it is rebuilt from a previous Mauser. Others I am sure know better.

I know that the M08/34 .30 was made from old M1908 and M1908/34 rifles. Probably the later models were also.

I missed the Bulgarian M95 - definitely not a Mauser.

Attachments

#30 ·
To paraphrase Wrench from another thread........Now I think I need a cigarette.

#32 · (Edited)

Here are a couple of mine. The Mexican is the nicest one I've ever seen. Not many survived, and those that did usually had a rough life. I think this example must have been a "bring back" early on.

The Venezuelan photo was as I received it, before "Kroil" removed the brown corrosion.

Unfortunately, I haven't taken photos of all the crests in my collection.

#33 ·

While an Argentine 1909 crest isn't all that unusual, I believe that this is the only known Argentine 1909 cavalry carbine that was fitted with a mount for the SOM Paris scope. Unfortunately, I've yet to locate an SOM Paris scope for this one. Various authors / historians have mentioned that some number of 1909 cavalry model Mausers were probably fitted with the SOM Paris scope, none had been located and pictured. Here one is.

#34 ·
View attachment 2151650

While an Argentine 1909 crest isn't all that unusual, I believe that this is the only known Argentine 1909 cavalry carbine that was fitted with a mount for the SOM Paris scope. Unfortunately, I've yet to locate an SOM Paris scope for this one. Various authors / historians have mentioned that some number of 1909 cavalry model Mausers were probably fitted with the SOM Paris scope, none had been located and pictured. Here one is.
That is really cool!

#39 ·
Thanks, Ed.

Rare, rare, and rare. I saved your Costa Rican photo (like I did your Bolivian photo) because my Costa Rican has only "MAUSER MOD. 1910" remaining and my other example photo was not much better.

That is the first FORUM crest photo I remember seeing.

#40 ·
dang lion's crest led me down the rabbit hole of collecting for a couple decades. on the wts forum a few weeks back was one I would like to find, happy with a sporterized one if it were to be had. Ethiopian lions crest k98k is a quite rare one indeed.
regards
gil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.