Webley MARK VI 455

Thread: Webley MARK VI 455

Default Webley MARK VI 455

Last Halloween, I was off and went by the bank. As I was leaving I noticed a few vehicles parked out side the local Pawn & Gun shop that was just down the street. The shop had taken on a few feet of water back in August when it flooded here. It appeared that they were open so, I went on over. It was nice to see that they were open and had the place pretty much back together. In the gun shop they had new glass counters and had a pretty good stock of guns. I was shooting the bull with a few friends that were in the shop when I spotted a large revolver in one of the cases. I asked to look at it. It was a Webley MARK VI in pretty good shape. The cylinder locked up good and was not shaved for 45 ACP. The sweet thing is that it was priced at $349.99. I asked about the price and the guy behind the counter said that if it were military marked it would have been priced higher.
    Some one had cleaned up the barrel a little, but I wanted it for my collection so, I asked if they could work on the price. I know that I am evil for asking but it never hurts to try. I was told that I could have it for $300. I said I would take it if that was the price out the door. Would you believe that they said OK. I know, I'm a bad man and a thief.
    Well here are the pics and you can see that it does have the broad arrow stamps. All numbers are matching. It also has the broad arrow to broad arrow stamp on the left side of the frame.

I looked through my old ammo and found three cartridges.

It took me a few months to find a box of Aguila 455 ammo. Took it to the range with a friend and we had a blast. It shoots great.

You are an evil man. But you already knew that.

Nice score! What did they mean by "military marked?"

Pennsylvania where Johnny Reb got new shoes !

Nice looking piece for $300 ! Guess the Pawn Broker did not know what he had. Seems these days that twice the price for an uncut MkVI would have been a deal !

"It took me a few months to find a box of Aguila 455 ammo. "

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? Where did you find AGUILA brand .455 ammo ?? AFAIK only modern production .455 ammo is from Fiocchi . And that seems damn hard to find. Rumours of some Privi Partizan .455 ammo are around but so far no ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I think they meant it should have all those "Broadarrows",.......................that it DOES have.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Quote Originally Posted by 2P Steel 6 View Post
    You are an evil man. But you already knew that.

Nice score! What did they mean by "military marked?"
    I had a hard time keeping a straight face after he said that. He just didn't know what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanovich View Post
    Nice looking piece for $300 ! Guess the Pawn Broker did not know what he had. Seems these days that twice the price for an uncut MkVI would have been a deal !

"It took me a few months to find a box of Aguila 455 ammo. "

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ? Where did you find AGUILA brand .455 ammo ?? AFAIK only modern production .455 ammo is from Fiocchi . And that seems damn hard to find. Rumours of some Privi Partizan .455 ammo are around but so far no ammo.
    Sorry about that it is Fiocchi. I ordered it from SWFA.
    https://swfa.com/catalog/product/vie...ategory/11766/

someone call the police.. a theft occured!
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

A great collectors item. 1917 and early post WWI, pre-WWII, sold out of service mark.

Someone asked if I was going to have the cylinder shaved to shoot 45 ACP. I told them that I would keep it as is and shoot .455 ammo in it. They started talking about how much it would cost for me to shoot it so, I just told them that I had two Colt 1917s that I could shoot 45 ACP in and that the Wenley was worth more as is.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyUSMC View Post
    Someone asked if I was going to have the cylinder shaved to shoot 45 ACP. I told them that I would keep it as is and shoot .455 ammo in it. They started talking about how much it would cost for me to shoot it so, I just told them that I had two Colt 1917s that I could shoot 45 ACP in and that the Wenley was worth more as is.
    There are some true knuckleheads out there.

I'd say that simply by carrying that revolver out of the store, you made about a $400 profit. At least; more on GB. I think any of us would expect to pay at least $700 for that.

How do you sleep at night ..........?
    What a nice gun at a great price.

I simply don't see uncut MkVI Webleys around. (but when I do, i buy'em)

Quote Originally Posted by bayoned View Post
    How do you sleep at night ..........
    Very good with extra money in the bank.
    I love hunting for guns at pawn shops. Always ask for a better price no matter how low the marked price is. They are not going to loose money on a sale. I bet they had about $150 tied up in this Webley.
    I never feel bad about getting super good deals at pawn shops. I sleep even better knowing that I bought a French MLE 1873 revolver from the same shop for $300 a few months ago.