Who made these North Korean Nagants?

Thread: Who made these North Korean Nagants?

Default Who made these North Korean Nagants?

David

Given they are M8's and M91/30's, I'd bet they are Soviet production and have likely been refurbished and kept in service since the Korean war in the 50's when Soviet aid flowed to NK.

Definitely these have been worked over. Notice the blued bolts. Some of the stocks have rear band scallops, others do not. I see some half liners, screwed liners, but no post-war pressed liners. To me that says WW2 production.

Doesn't look like lip stick will improve the marching females...

Blued bolts eh ?....well, that will set Va Vet into a feeding frenzy, he chases any Mosin with
    a blue bolt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

One of the M38's has a early brass tipped handguard also.

I didn't see any Nagants in the picture?!?

So that is where all the M38's are.

Impressive pictures. I'm surprised to find any standing armies still using bolt action weapons en masse. I'm not unpleased with that.
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

The ladies each have only one medal and the guys are loaded with them. Pretty good for a bunch of fellas who never saw combat. Or are those merit badges????

If those fellas landed on the shores of Coney Island they wouldnt last an hour...

the medals on the women may be home land national defence and given to any one in the service, all the men have them too.. eastbank.

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy View Post
    Impressive pictures. I'm surprised to find any standing armies still using bolt action weapons en masse. I'm not unpleased with that.
    Those are honor guards on parade. Korea's primary arm is the AKM, just like most other impoverished and failed states.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Those are honor guards on parade. Korea's primary arm is the AKM, just like most other impoverished and failed states.
    So they would never see service? Ever? Say even during invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by NLMosin View Post
    The ladies each have only one medal and the guys are loaded with them. Pretty good for a bunch of fellas who never saw combat. Or are those merit badges????

If those fellas landed on the shores of Coney Island they wouldnt last an hour...
    You ever served with any Korean troops? Those guys are tough! And their SpecOps are really good.

They're most likely Russian. To the best of my knowledge, North Korea never made Mosins. The Korean war bringback M91/30 I have is a 1938 Izhevsk, although it was taken from a Chinese, not North Korean.

As for the blued bolts, didn't DDR do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NLMosin View Post

Koreans, North and South, are some of the finest troops in the world. They are well trained, well motivated and tough as nails.

The worst mistake anyone can make is to underestimate their potential enemies.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Northwest Ohio, about five miles from Lake Erie

I am pretty certain that they only break those 91-30's out for the big parades.

They are far more impressive looking (and safer) than trying to march with your AK bayonet sitting just above the right shoulder of the guy in front of you. It also reduces the incidences of the soldiers getting kicked in the a** by the guy behind him.

It also looks like the women's boots are far better to wear in the field than those tennis shoe-type footwear you see on the guys with the 91-30's.

About ten years ago a coworker of mine was going through a crate of mosins at a gun show. He found a 1938 Izhvesk with a star in circle on the receiver. We wondered if it had seen time in North Korea. He jokingly made a comment about Kim Jong il's personal mosin.

So they would never see service? Ever? Say even during invasion?
    never say never, but I suspect they have no shortage of mass-produced AKs.

Quote Originally Posted by SA1911a1 View Post
    Koreans, North and South, are some of the finest troops in the world. They are well trained, well motivated and tough as nails.

The worst mistake anyone can make is to underestimate their potential enemies.
    That may be true of a small cadre of standing army types, but there very very vast majority of north korean soldiers are cumpulsory service conscripts.

never say never, but I suspect they have no shortage of mass-produced AKs.

Probably true. I was just wondering if perhaps they would be issued to home guard or something.. IE.. not deployed with 'regular' troops, but perhaps used in a 'national guard' type fashion to be passed out to repel boarders type of thing.

Probably true. I was just wondering if perhaps they would be issued to home guard or something.. IE.. not deployed with 'regular' troops, but perhaps used in a 'national guard' type fashion to be passed out to repel boarders type of thing.
    NK has AKMs, RPKs, and a whackjob of SKSs that would all get issued before they would send the cannon fodder in with Mosins, I suspect.

Realistically though, I doubt there will be a conventional war on the peninsula now that NK has nukes. It's more likely that that people will depose him at some point when they get tired of living under those conditions.

so far, I *believe* they are so brainwashed and indoctrinated from birth to think that the rest of the world is out to get them and that Dear Leader is the only thing keeping them alive day to day.. that I doubt they would do much to depose him.. they practically worship his family.

so far, I *believe* they are so brainwashed and indoctrinated from birth to think that the rest of the world is out to get them and that Dear Leader is the only thing keeping them alive day to day.. that I doubt they would do much to depose him.. they practically worship his family.
    And yet, thousands defect every year and the regime imprisons all known relatives of any defector into concentration camps as a dis-incentive to defection. Doesn't sound like Shangri-La to me.

it's not shangri-la, as we see it from the outside.

From the inside not being able to look out is a different story.

Every country his dissidents, that's nothing new.

By and far, the VAST majority of NK supports their govt. If they didn't, tomorrow morning it would have a different leader.

And yet, thousands defect every year and the regime imprisons all known relatives of any defector into concentration camps as a dis-incentive to defection. Doesn't sound like Shangri-La to me.
    It is all they know. It is all they have ever been told. They are cut off from the rest of the world, they live in a worker's paradise where the leader provides all, and they love him like a god. It makes for some dangerous people.....especially if they have atomic weapons and delivery systems. With their mindset, they would as soon go out in a blaze of glory as lose face on a national level. It makes it really dangerous for our South Korean friends

It is all a problem that China loves. China could have N. Korea begging at their doorstop if they wanted to. The more the N. Koreans aggravate us, the more concessions China can squeeze from us, and there is not a damn thing we can do about it, because we have let China grab us by our economic balls.

Who knew foreign policy could be so complicated......
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by SA1911a1 View Post
    It is all they know. It is all they have ever been told. They are cut off from the rest of the world, they live in a worker's paradise where the leader provides all, and they love him like a god. It makes for some dangerous people.....especially if they have atomic weapons and delivery systems. With their mindset, they would as soon go out in a blaze of glory as lose face on a national level. It makes it really dangerous for our South Korean friends

It is all a problem that China loves. China could have N. Korea begging at their doorstop if they wanted to. The more the N. Koreans aggravate us, the more concessions China can squeeze from us, and there is not a damn thing we can do about it, because we have let China grab us by our economic balls.

Who knew foreign policy could be so complicated......
    Yup. I've read some pieces from a rare allowed visit by a teacher / scientist doing a study on life habits. I'm frankly amazed they allowed the guy in, but surprisingly, they have multiple times.

He did a photo tour with written commentary from city to city.. was pretty remarkable. For instance.. if there is poor drainage and the ditches are filling up... guess what happens... the citizens living on that block go out with shovels and start digging the ditches out. Road has pot holes? The citizens in that area go out and collect rocks and clay and dirt and HAND patch the potholes as best they can. Bikes are common transportation. Power is spotty, water thru municipal systems is spotty based on power, however even when power is up, many times water is only pumped during certain times ( Was like this in some areas of peru my friend lived in.. water int he morning for an hour, and you collected as much of it as you could ). Closer in to the high profile cities, the more sale / trade goods were available, however, food not so available. Suburbs were not great areas.. less food, less water, worse conditions.. but then as you get rural, it gets better.. less population, more food, because you can grow it. You see thatch roofs covered with drying food ( corn on the cob, etc. ). The cities basically look like run down tourist attraction cities covered 90% with hi rise cookie cutter apartment buildings for mass living.

And on holidays.. they all go out and celebrate and support Dear Leader.

That's the way the Japanese were, and how did that work out for them?

Those Ladies have the same equipment that other Ladies do and it feels the same way, only Submissive.