Gunboards Forums banner

New Dreyse

956 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TheGreenMan 
#1 ·
Here are a few shots of my new (new to me) Dreyse M57 carbine. Dated 1861, all matching serial numbers, excellent bore, original needle, old crack in wrist and a sticker on the cheek piece with "Zundnadel Karabiner 57". Unfortunately no regimental numbers stamped on butt plate. I was looking for a Dreyse carbine to shoot, and not just a wall hanger. I have new needles,

Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Match rifle shooting
Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Shotgun
Fashion accessory Goggles Personal protective equipment Electric blue Circle
Revolver
Gun Rifle Trigger Shotgun Air gun
Wood
Metal Bowl Wood

springs and leather washers, but I am waiting for the bullet mould to get me started. Any ideas about the sticker and large number 1222 in the stock? Any recommendations for reloading?

Thanks Dex

See less See more
#2 ·
Fantastic condition, congratulations! The carbine is on my list, still looking for the right combination "price-condition".

#4 ·
Too bad that carbine I saw locally a few years back didn't pan out for you.

#3 ·
Enclosed is a picture of my Kar57 unit marked to a Dragoner Regiment the barrel has been bored out I think for use as a buck and ball load or simply for use as a shotgun. I have seen other Kar57's with the rifling bored out. Anyhow a very hard needle gun to find.

Attachments

#5 ·
The guy never responded to my offers...

#6 ·
Yeah, last I heard (a week or so after I gave him your info) there was actually some question as to where the gun was. The shop thought they gave it back to him, he thought the shop still had it..... No clue how that all turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.