Caracano 91 trainer ???

Thread: Caracano 91 trainer ???

wink2 Caracano 91 trainer ???

Theres a guy who called me , he has a trainer Carcano 1891 in 22 short, I ask you guys, was there such a rifle ???, Im a collector for many years of military trainers but never heard o f the Carcano.He sent me apictura, but taken from a few yrds and no detail showing its a trainer, it looks like the regular full caliber .Pls enlighten me about the rarity nad, if possible for price of the piece.Thks a mill guys
    I am an international Gunboards patron

Sounds like it might just possibly be a Fucile per Allievi Tiratori (Rifle for Cadet Marksmen). If that's what it is, probably less than a thousand were produced, either by Mida (Toschi & Castelli) or by Anelotti and Gualla. I have no idea as to price, can't remember ever having seen one for sale here. Ralph

It could possibly be a Ballila moschetto for Fascist youth. These are smaller than regular Carcanos but very similar in appearance. If you can have the seller tell you about the markings and post them here someone could quickly confirm that.

Price? I'm not too good with that. Generally, they sell for more than a standard Carcano in similar condition. SW
    Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Balilla it aint, because the front end has the regular bayonet system and not the spike.

Then it becomes increasingly likely that it could be a Fucile per Allievi Tiratori, especially because it's in .22 Short. Ralph

Guys, found this on the net,

FUCILE 91 CARCANO IN MINIATURA CALIBRO 22SHORT/6FLOBERT
    ANELOTTI GUALLA ANNO 1924 MATRICOLA A419 IN CONDIZIONI ECCEZIONALI, PRATICAMENTE NUOVO RARISSIMO 999 ESEMPLARI PRODOTTI, CON BAIONETTA (LAMA PROBABILMENTE ORIGINALE, IMPUGNATURA ED INNESTO RIFATTI O MODIFICATI CAUSA PROBABILE DANNEGGIAMENT

Its the model Im being offered, have not seen it yet, the site where I found the gun is armiusate.it, and the price they are asking is 3,000 euros!!!, the guy calling me wants US$ 400.

Ill make an appointment and later will post the outcome of this fine opprotunity.

I think $400 is a good price for that! SW
    Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

The bayonet for that particular rifle is probably worth $400 alone, even though the Italian ad says that some parts have been "rifatti" (remade). Grab it, quick. Ralph

Here are a few pictures of the one that I bought many years ago. It was the only one I have ever seen for sale. $400.00 is a steal for it as I paid more for mine 15 years ago. Good Luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01285.jpg   DSC01282.jpg   DSC01288.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
    Here are a few pictures of the one that I bought many years ago. It was the only one I have ever seen for sale. $400.00 is a steal for it as I paid more for mine 15 years ago. Good Luck.
    Antonio:

Very nice! It's a rare little rifle. I'm fortunate to have two of them, both award/presentation rifles. I paid $1400 about twenty five years ago for the first and $1000 for the second close to twenty years ago.

It's been so long that without going in search of written records I'm not 100% certain of the exact purchase prices and dates but I believe I'm pretty close with my approximations.
    Purists of the world, unite!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

Im lazy guy and paid for it, called the seller one day after thinking about the transaction and the guy had sold the gun to other fellow .

Quote Originally Posted by raul View Post
    Im lazy guy and paid for it, called the seller one day after thinking about the transaction and the guy had sold the gun to other fellow .
    Ouch! Sorry you lost it.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    Samuel Adams

AGHHHH Too Bad you didn't get it. Now you will spend the rest of your days looking for another one.

When I bought mine the seller was very odd. He would only correspond with me by Fax. He would not take phone calls or written letters. Fax only. It was very trying dealing with him but I endured. Payment and Shipping was also a pain. He stipulated a wire transfer of funds as the only form of payment he would accept. He then set standards for shipping that were driving me crazy. I would have never put up with his eccentric demands but I persisted and was happy with the results.

raul, yes, it is a shame you missed the opportunity. Most of us probably have hesitated just a bit too long to commit to something that we should have acted upon immediately. Unfortunately, occasions like the one you missed don't present themselves very often. Ralph

This thread prompted me to look through my old photos and it occurred to me that some of you may have interest in seeing the following:

Samuel Adams

Richard, Very nice beretta. I bought one a long time ago but someone took off the rear sight and replaced it with a home made peep sight. He did not do anything to hurt the gun as I think the screw hole he used was the one holding the orginial in place. The next time you have yours out I would love to see a few close up photos of your rear sight so I can fabricate another one. I have been looking for a replacement for years with no luck and only have photos to go on. Thanks.

Antonio:

I don't have ready access to the rifle so I can't get you any new photos but I will search my archives for any photos that might be of assistance. I'll try to post what I find ASAP.

Samuel Adams

Antonio, try going back to a 2012 thread in this forum, Italian .22 Trainer at http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...ian-22-trainer, which has some pictures of what I think you are looking for (from Gasior's collectible firearms site). I tried checking to see if Gasior still has any Vetterli/Berettta trainers listed, but didn't find any (I may not have searched properly). Anyway, thepics in the link might be of some use. Ralph

Thanks guys. That is just the information that I needed. The photo of the top of the Beretta shows the Rear sight in enough detail for me to assume I was correct that the guy used the hole in the middle of the rear sight to attach the peep sight. I should have enough to make a sight. Thanks to all.