Gunboards Forums banner

Tikka m91-30s at Classic Firearms

2K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Baldy44 
#1 ·
OK, I know; it's the site that can be "unpopular" here:laugh:, but Classic announced a batch of Tikka m91-30s that will be posted after 12PM. I think there were 20; Good/Cracked to VG, at least one Hex receiver. Different front sight configs; several blade, most globe & post. At least one with the improvised "wings". If I remember correctly, they start at $399 and up.

#5 ·
Round 1943's were made close to the transition to 1944 serial numbers. Only that last 500 or so of the initial 2000 made. I'm going from memory. Only a few days ago did I check on the running of my survey and discover that I started that list almost or over 10 years ago!

High wall rounds would be the most "rare" as a configuration. The round high wall receiver wasn't used until 41/42 I believe. So the rifles used would have been "fresh" captures on the high wall receiver M30 rifles.

In 44, it's about 55% hex and 45% round. So almost a 50/50 split.

I'll have to run an update on the information collected.

#9 ·
'Bill' at Classic in his video states that "these are the rarest of the rare"....I can't remember (getting old); &
I'm not an expert on Finnish arms, but I'm not buying it; simply as nice Tikka 91/30's were 'available' for less than a Sako M39 right here on our classifieds (I bought 3-4 that I still have) from private sellers for around 250-350 between about 2006-2012...

So, are these as uncommon as Bill makes it sound? -or is he just playing the 'used car salesman' here....?

Seriously wondering...

#14 ·
I think for the low production numbers they are underpriced(not Classics prices but in general)But if you think they are worth what a m39 is selling for now you must not be keeping up with there prices.You can still get a like new tikka 91/30 for around 4 bills,and most of them are unissued to like new.M39s in the same condition are selling for 3 times that on gunbroker.Of course now that Classic is hyping them up they might skyrocket as well.

#35 ·
Anything is possible, but it is highly doubtful that stocks with escutcheon plates were intended to be used with dog collars. Those would have originally had sling hangers. Remember, there were a lot of Finnish guns that had sling slot configurations similar to the Russian guns.
I don't know about the particular rifles Classic just sold, the m30 I have incoming has full length slots, not the plates with a single hole. A sling hangar would just bang around loose in it.

#36 ·
I don't know about the particular rifles Classic just sold, the m30 I have incoming has full length slots, not the plates with a single hole. A sling hangar would just bang around loose in it.
Take a look at the different stock configurations here. http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM9130F.htm

The Tikka M30s that Classic was selling all had escutcheon plates with missing hangers (because people tend to remove and sell them . . . .). A Finn capture M91/30 and a Finn M30 might have any kind of configuration - it all depends on what stock was sitting around when they assembled the gun. I have a Finn capture Izhevsk that's sitting in an Artic birch potbelly stock, but there are lots of rifles out there, like yours, that are sitting in Soviet stocks.

#18 ·
I honestly gave it a shot and was going for the good cracked (round reciever) In the hopes of getting the front ear protected sight shown in the video. Also hoping that the stock had a insignificant crack or maybe none at all. Thats a lot of hoping.

Apparently, I was NOT quick enough. The site became super slow and my phone screen locked up. By the time I reached the payment part it was too late.

A round receiver to go with my 43 hex would have been nice.
The prices seemed fair IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.