Gunboards Forums banner

Tikka m91-30s at Classic Firearms

2K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  Baldy44 
#1 ·
OK, I know; it's the site that can be "unpopular" here:laugh:, but Classic announced a batch of Tikka m91-30s that will be posted after 12PM. I think there were 20; Good/Cracked to VG, at least one Hex receiver. Different front sight configs; several blade, most globe & post. At least one with the improvised "wings". If I remember correctly, they start at $399 and up.

#5 ·
Round 1943's were made close to the transition to 1944 serial numbers. Only that last 500 or so of the initial 2000 made. I'm going from memory. Only a few days ago did I check on the running of my survey and discover that I started that list almost or over 10 years ago!

High wall rounds would be the most "rare" as a configuration. The round high wall receiver wasn't used until 41/42 I believe. So the rifles used would have been "fresh" captures on the high wall receiver M30 rifles.

In 44, it's about 55% hex and 45% round. So almost a 50/50 split.

I'll have to run an update on the information collected.

#9 ·
'Bill' at Classic in his video states that "these are the rarest of the rare"....I can't remember (getting old); &
I'm not an expert on Finnish arms, but I'm not buying it; simply as nice Tikka 91/30's were 'available' for less than a Sako M39 right here on our classifieds (I bought 3-4 that I still have) from private sellers for around 250-350 between about 2006-2012...

So, are these as uncommon as Bill makes it sound? -or is he just playing the 'used car salesman' here....?

Seriously wondering...

#14 ·
I think for the low production numbers they are underpriced(not Classics prices but in general)But if you think they are worth what a m39 is selling for now you must not be keeping up with there prices.You can still get a like new tikka 91/30 for around 4 bills,and most of them are unissued to like new.M39s in the same condition are selling for 3 times that on gunbroker.Of course now that Classic is hyping them up they might skyrocket as well.

#18 ·
I honestly gave it a shot and was going for the good cracked (round reciever) In the hopes of getting the front ear protected sight shown in the video. Also hoping that the stock had a insignificant crack or maybe none at all. Thats a lot of hoping.

Apparently, I was NOT quick enough. The site became super slow and my phone screen locked up. By the time I reached the payment part it was too late.

A round receiver to go with my 43 hex would have been nice.
The prices seemed fair IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.