C&R shipping options - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C&R shipping options

Yup.. they are making up rules. If they claim other rules.. I'd want them in print!
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy View Post
    I know this may come as a surprise to you, but some of us browse from phones..phones that have keys smaller than tic-tacs, and very odd predictive text and auto correction that changes words and phrases.

Stooping to calling out common minor spelling issues reveals the state of your character.

Ps, its grammar, not grammer!
    I found his post rather Insulting myself. I thought it was meant for me.
    SAWMan

A few years back I ordered a C&R Pistol a couple of states away. After about 5 days from the time he received my money I called to ask if he had shipped yet. He replied that he had shipped the next day. He gave me the UPS tracking number. It showed the gun being in town but being held for delivery. When I called UPS to ask them why it was being held they told me that the Customer had told the driver to hold the package he would pick it up at the local facility. I had no contact with a driver. Anyway, they couldn't find it at the local facility. A couple of days later I found the package with the gun in a swing on my front porch. It was marked Signature Required.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

yall are making it much harder than it needs to be,

UPS, USPS and FedEx all have online shipping services,
    just requires a log in and credit card,,,

sell a gun, and weigh after you package
    put the info in the carrier of choice's website, and print the postage label, (don't forget to insure, and get delivery\tracking numbers)

apply label to well packaged box and go into the carrier of choice's location and drop it off,
    I never ship FedUp, since they suck in this area,
    UPS clerk in a store will ask what it is,
    reply just some stuff I sold online, I never tell them what it is, even if I am mailing a box of parts,
    (nothing perishable, hazardous etc, )

had one clerk ask me if it was ok to open the box to check contents,

I told her it was fine, but reminded her that she then became liable for the contents and condition, and that since it was prepaid and insured, she would need to guarantee that it was in the condition it was packaged in when it arrived at the location on the label, and no, I was not hanging around to watch her open and repack the package,,

she shut up and put it in the pile with the rest of the stuff,,,,

priority express,,,,, Wtf?

you can use Priority, (if you are a dealer, priority is much cheaper for handguns, if you are not, go 2nd day air saver ups or fedup)
    if the item is valued more than USPS Priority can insure, mail registered mail, I've shipped a few NFA items this way with out issue,,

couple of pro tips,.

use the same post office , get to know the counter help,
    if a post office is pissy, go to the next closest if you can,

the folks in my PO are long term postal workers, they know me and are good people

ditto UPS, get to know your driver if you can,, helps,, a lot,,

post office will pic up from your house for free, as in schedule them to get your package,
    UPS charges for that service, unless you catch your delivery driver in the neighborhood, and if so, he likely only cares that you have a good label on it,, they don't ask a thing about what it is
    what's so funny about peace love and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyman1903 View Post
    I never ship FedUp, since they suck in this area, ....

you can use Priority, (if you are a dealer, priority is much cheaper for handguns, if you are not, go 2nd day air saver ups or fedup)
    FedEx bought out a shipper that included RPS, and that became FedEx Ground. RPS used contract drivers who owned their routes and it was transitioned to company ownership/control. A problem remaining is that in some areas the drivers are still PO'd and service is poor. If it is, use UPS. Luckily our FedEx is better than UPS, especially considering the much closer FedEx Office and lack of nosy clerks..

FedEx handgun shipping class is much more expensive than the UPS overnight saver. Apparently its controls on the cheaper overnight service don't meet ATF requirements.
    211 BC: I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Gnaeus Fulvius Centumalus Maximus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a denarius in any one day.

2016 AD: To enhance our community's aggregate through multi-platform metrics of media synergy catalyzing integrated outcomes of macro-disciplines toward inclusive methodology paradigms generating positive algorithms of unwavering commitment to our children, the flag, and God.

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy View Post
    I like UPS.

I have the mobile app on my phone, and with an account I get a text notification any time a shipping label I generated to my address. I can then log in, and do things like have it held at a local terminal, etc.

USPS is -ok-, but takes longer, since you basically might miss the first delivery needing a signature, then have to go in the next day to get it.

If you plan to be home on the day of arrival, both work, but UPS is better tracking. Scan in and out of each location, vs just scan in. Makes it easier to find where an article was lost, etc.
    This exactly. I can have things held before the first delivery attempt and pick them up at my leisure within a week. It's frustrating that Fedex and USPS don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis8 View Post
    This exactly. I can have things held before the first delivery attempt and pick them up at my leisure within a week. It's frustrating that Fedex and USPS don't do this.
    And the scan in/out is superior!
    Sent from my Nokia 1020 win 8.1 phone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12