Remington 1903 rifles at Classic Firearms

Thread: Remington 1903 rifles at Classic Firearms

Default Remington 1903 rifles at Classic Firearms

Classic Firearms released a video today showcasing surplus Remington 1903 rifles.

They claim that they acquired all 33 of them from a private collector who purchased them all from DCM/CMP. They also state that they are in "turn-in" condition and were not re-furbished (which I doubt as this was done by the military arsenals before DCM ever received the rifles.)

Video shows all of the rifles with pistol-grip, C stocks and various degrees of wear on the metal finish. The rifles appear to have serial numbers stamped on the right side of the buttstocks which I did not think was done by the military. I also thought that many Remington 1903s had straight stocks. Some of the rifles have slings and front site hoods. The rifles appear to each have their respective CMP manuals and certificates with original shipping boxes (but no comment was made to affirm this). No comments were made about bore conditions.

Starting price for the lowest grade rifle is about $1,229.00 (one these had a large crack in the stock and a cracked hand guard on the video which they pointed-out).

There are two more higher-grade rifle selections with the top price around $1,400.

I know these rifles have been increasing in value but these examples seem over-priced to me.

Any comments from those who have seen the Classic Firearms video of these rifles?

I have one with a straight stock and no groove I got for 400$ last December. Looks in way better shape than those. Practically armory new. I see nicer examples go for 6-8 hundo.

Plus these have a pistol grip. Ew. Gross.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Gross indeed. Theres still a lot of nice ones out there under a thousand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

If you are interested in a 1903 Springfield you might take a look at the rifles Sarco has for sale for $595.00. They are selling original GI 1903A3 rifles for $595 - I bought an A3 and an A1 from them, both at the same price. They each came in very good condition with a mirror bore, and after a few adjustments both will print 2" at 100 yards using surplus ammo and iron sights. I like both of mine, and the $595 price is a fair price: https://www.e-sarcoinc.com/originalg...ingfields.aspx

The serial number on the bolt and stock indicate Greek return. The actions will likely all be dipped finish. The stocks must be Keystone replacements.

The M1903 Remington (not 03-A3) is not easy to come by as it used to be. Still sounds a few US Grants on the high side.

If Classic firearms is selling it I guarantee it will be "the last shipment", overpriced, falsely advertised (matching, original, etc), and the condition is guaranteed to disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
    If Classic firearms is selling it I guarantee it will be "the last shipment", overpriced, falsely advertised (matching, original, etc), and the condition is guaranteed to disappoint
    Second that.

Quote Originally Posted by andreipou View Post
    Second that.
    I'm in for 3.

I believe Classic is second only to the mighty gray blanketed one. About a month ago Classic had a few "rare" VZ52 rifles in 7.62x45. The one that was the worst of all sold for almost $600 if I recall, and they went FAST. I had a VZ52 that was just as nice if not better, sit here on the trader for days priced at $300 shipped. *Disclaimer* I have done business with both Classic and the gray blanketed one and never had a bad transaction, I'm just kinda jealous of their skills!
    OIF Camp Syverson Balad, Iraq 05-06

I am very happy with the Finish Nagant 39 they sold me - that being said almost a half year later they are still selling these 'rare' rifles that were guaranteed 'to sell out fast'. (and I ordered as quick as i could LoL)
    Good luck getting anything that is going to be released at noon the next day.
    I think they are good people who like Mitchel arms receive a rather large premium for their name.
    Would I buy from them again - it depends but I will shop around. Sometimes Ben is the only or best source.
    "If it killed em 150 years ago it'll still kill em today !" Response to a question about black powder weapons

To rich for my pocket....I bought a Remington 1903 from the CMP not to many years ago for $500
    Times are sure changing.
    Denny

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    I'm in for 3.
    4! I finally dropped off their email list last summer...the crappy condition, crazy prices and frenzy they create was too much for me. Kudos to them, selling at what the market will bear...I rather not feed the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by runnerbill View Post
    If you are interested in a 1903 Springfield you might take a look at the rifles Sarco has for sale for $595.00. They are selling original GI 1903A3 rifles for $595 - I bought an A3 and an A1 from them, both at the same price. They each came in very good condition with a mirror bore, and after a few adjustments both will print 2" at 100 yards using surplus ammo and iron sights. I like both of mine, and the $595 price is a fair price: https://www.e-sarcoinc.com/originalg...ingfields.aspx
    Thanks for the review, I have been wondering about those for a couple years now. Anyone else care to comment? I should probably step up before they are gone.

Pass ,
    too much for Greek returns.
    Though I keep thinking they will be "collectible" some day(the Greek returns that is).
    03man - Don Voigt
    Author of "The Japanese T99 Arisaka Rifle" 2010 edition
    Co-author of "The Knee Mortars of Japan 1921-1945" 2011 edition
    Near Charlotte, NC

Default Rip off....gouging

Quote Originally Posted by ozona View Post
    Classic Firearms released a video today showcasing surplus Remington 1903 rifles.

They claim that they acquired all 33 of them from a private collector who purchased them all from DCM/CMP. They also state that they are in "turn-in" condition and were not re-furbished (which I doubt as this was done by the military arsenals before DCM ever received the rifles.)

Video shows all of the rifles with pistol-grip, C stocks and various degrees of wear on the metal finish. The rifles appear to have serial numbers stamped on the right side of the buttstocks which I did not think was done by the military. I also thought that many Remington 1903s had straight stocks. Some of the rifles have slings and front site hoods. The rifles appear to each have their respective CMP manuals and certificates with original shipping boxes (but no comment was made to affirm this). No comments were made about bore conditions.

Starting price for the lowest grade rifle is about $1,229.00 (one these had a large crack in the stock and a cracked hand guard on the video which they pointed-out).

There are two more higher-grade rifle selections with the top price around $1,400.

I know these rifles have been increasing in value but these examples seem over-priced to me.

Any comments from those who have seen the Classic Firearms video of these rifles?
    I have been watching Classic arms videos very closely for the last year or so....this latest batch og guns...mausers, Swiss guns.....nagants.....yugo's etc.etc. and Now the springfields are ridiculously priced....These are priced for the newcomer to gun collecting and the unknowing. Ive been planning on getting a springfield for a while now for my U.S. martial collection and have looked at about 56 of the,...gun shows shops and private sellers....All between 600 and $1000. Originals good to exc. condition.....and alli can say is the Classic are is a Classic gouging rip off!

Keep looking. You can do better.....I picked up a sporter last year for 210.00. It had been drilled and tapped for a scope but done well. I have not decided if I will fill the holes and repark the whole thing, it shoots so well with an old scope I think I'll just keep it as it is.
    But I found this one, you can find a complete one or find one to restore.... they like their stuff a bit to much for my taste...

#5! If its Classic its skyhigh!!

The only deal I ever got from Classic was a Russian 91/30 for $100.... But that was a few years ago.
    I don't know how some people can pay those really high prices.
    Denny

I almost want to shell out $1400 for one.. He said Gary Pepper the actor performed very well with these type rifles in Saving Private Ryan. You can't put a price on that!
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

I think the SARCO rifles are restored drill rifles. I know that they bought a few thousand drill rifles at the CMP auction about 5 years ago and then tried to buy the 100 that I won at the same auction.

Big no no. Classic is selling these at way over market price. These are for new comers in milsurp. I would only buy from sellers with items individually photographed and described. Even they got the nice M39 batch from Pat Burns I wasn't moved. When the rifles were cheap as 91/30 used to be ($100 or so) and as they were not very collectible it was okay to buy from Classic. Or those unissued M48 as every single rifle was as new so it doesn't matter. Or, when I need a project rifle. I won't take a gamble to receive a historical firearm with unexpected cracks or lousy conditions while paying few hundreds even over a thousand dollars.

Buying historical firearms are like buying any other antiques. Would you buy an antique camera or antique watch randomly pulled from the batch? I would pay more so I could choose. I don't want any negative surprise .This kind of selling technique is not for me.

its classic.. why be surprised at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
    +1

Every time Ben puts up a new video the price of snake oil goes up. Thanks but no thanks Mr Snake Oil Salesman.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I never even saw them hit at noon...was there about 5 minutes after...Did they go live or sell out in a heartbeat?

All 33 rifles sold out within the first hour. I guess new collectors are buying these up regardless of price or unseen condition.

Could not find link on their web site for the bayonets that they were selling with the rifles.

I remember classic sold Tula PU 9130 for 625.00 what has changed!

Quote Originally Posted by armenjs View Post
    I remember classic sold Tula PU 9130 for 625.00 what has changed!
    625? Jesus.....

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Knightm16 View Post
    625? Jesus.....
    No, son. It was Sergei. Sergei Mosin

So they are still at it?
    Conning away unsuspecting newbies.

Shocked, shocked I tells ya...