German scope identification

Thread: German scope identification

Default German scope identification

Just a few hours ago a friend of mine gave me an old German scope that someone had given him years ago. I'll try pics later but maybe my description will help till then. It is just under twelve inches long, is a 26.5 or 27mm tube. It has brass rings on the front and rear bells. Bells are probably about 35mm. It has a brass elevation base and turret wit hash marks but no numbers. It also has a rear focus adjustment with screw in it. The glass is very clear with fine crosshairs. Comparing it with my Dialytan, it seems to be a 4x but could be 3.5x. Under the rear bell is the letter K. Under the K is the name Gerhard. The horrible thing, and why I believe he gave it to me, is that it has the claw rings still on it. Someone completely ground off most of the base of the rear ring and took off the hooks of the front. The serial number of the front base on the left side is 3982. I do believe I could still use this scope on one of my already scoped 98's. The rear of the front ring actually sits flush up against the front of the weaver ring that is currently on the receiver. There is a perfect size gap between the focus knob and the rear ring that is currently on the scope and my rear weaver ring, so that the scope fits nicely. The weaver rings are however 30mm, so they will have to be shimmed. The biggest issue, however is probably the lack of windage adjustment. Unless I can find windage adjustment rings and or bases. Any input regarding the identification of the scope would be greatly appreciated. Will try and load pics soon.
    Scope is nearly identical to this one. https://www.gunauction.com/buy/9177202
    Last edited by Ulrich2; 04-19-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add picture info

Found it on this site. http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...-Sniper-Scopes
    Top scope.